“GREAT food and service”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed October 10, 2012

We opted for this place as only one of us had tried it before. As the 4 of us ech got a different entree - some just pasta, others other options. One had the Osso Bucco - which we were told was about the best had in quite some time. All thought the meal, service, and overall evening was just wonderful. We can not recommend LoCocco's highly enough. When next in Santa Rosa, if you enjoy quality Italian food you won't go wrong.

There are newer reviews for LoCoco's Cucina Rustica

Reviewed October 9, 2012

The restaurant is extremely noisy when full which it was on Saturday night. We sat near a number of larger tables who fortunately for us left as our dinner arrived. For entrees we had Linguini de Mare and Seabass. The linguini and spicy tomato sauce was excellent but the seafood was lacking in quantity. The seabass was excellent. Very tender and perfectly cooked. Good wine list and attentive wait assistants. Will go back but on a weekday when it's probably quieter.

Reviewed October 5, 2012

The waiter never came back to see if our food was okay. It wasn't. Risotto was undercooked. Osso Bucco was tough. I asked for pasta instead of potatoes with the veal and got it with marinara which totally didn't match the sauce on the veal. I could have lived with all of it if the waiter had done a simple check to see if we were okay. We ended up eating what we had, except for the pasta, because we were so hungry. Even when he dropped the check he didn't ask if our food was okay. Just didn't care.

1  Thank Bearofthedog
Reviewed October 4, 2012 via mobile

I've been working in the Santa Rosa/Rohnert ark area for the last 6 months. This is hands down THE BEST food of any restaurants we've been to. Tonight had the Sea bass in tomato sauce with kalata olives and capers!. Words can't describe the exquisite flavor of the sauce and fish. My co-worker "desert freak extrordinaire" can't leave without having the Terra Massu (sp). It is "to die for". We both travel all over the US and this place is incomparable. If you are in the area--make it here!!!!!

Reviewed October 4, 2012

We went to LoCoco's twice during our short stay in Santa Rosa. The meal begins with fantastic bread and yummy tapenade. I wanted to eat it all but I knew that if the bread was that good, the rest of my meal would also be amazing. I had pasta both times and it was very good. My friend had the special both nights - salmon one night and lasagna the second and she also very much enjoyed it. We split a delicious ceasar salad on the second night and wished that we had also had it the first time!

For desert - there's a reason why LoCoco's is famous for their canoli - it's fantastic! We also had the limoncello sorbet. Yum!!

Food, desert, wine - all incredibly good. I couldn't have asked for anything better.