“Johnny Garlic Santa Rosa”
Review of Johnny Garlic's - CLOSED

Johnny Garlic's
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed August 14, 2014

Wanted to try this for some time. I had the Shrimp Scampi and my wife had the cobb salad. They were both very good. The shrimp was excellent and there were a lot. The spaghetti was very good but not special. I expected more of a garlic hit but it was on the bread and really good, but the spaghetti not so much. It was busy at 6 pm on a weeknight and I would go back and try something again. They were out of the Elk stew which was my first choice so ordered the garlic soup which was creamy with a mild garlic taste, more like a smooth potato soup and very good, just not the hit of garlic I was expecting. I recommend it if you are a fan of Guy Fieri but I would choose Tex Wasabi over this one.

Reviewed August 12, 2014

Went to this restaurant because of Guy on Diner's, drive-ins and dives. The caesar salad was good with dressing that was not overpowering. The burger basher burger was fantastic and was so high I ate it with a knife and fork. The garlic fries were not very good because the salt and garlic was too strong and unevenly distributed. My wife had the Ahi sandwich which was absolutely terrible. It tasted fishy and was obvious old. They said it was shasimi quality Ahi but it was not even near that.

Reviewed August 12, 2014

We went here because they have" gluten sensitive" options available and we enjoy garlic.My husband had the chicken breast with roasted garlic (Yes whole cloves), garlic mashed potatoes- with lumps,our daughter had the the rib eye steak with same potatoes and green beans with parmessan cheese and garlic and I had the bacon wrapped shrimp with two sauces. Overall we enjoyed our meal and would go again. The atmosphere is average and I think it is time for the restaurant to be freshened up. The wait staff wasn't clear on how food is prepared ( ie gluten free pasta cooking) . This is one of the first restaurants that we have been to that had gluten free bread for the table- a plus.

Reviewed August 12, 2014

My GF and I drove from Eureka, CA to Santa Rosa just to go to our favorite Food Network host's restaurant. We were not disappointed. The service was great and so was the food. It was also cool to look at all of the autographed plates (by different celebrities) hanging around the walls. We hope to stop here again next time we are in Cali.

Reviewed August 5, 2014

Had penne with spicy sausage & Sonoma salad, very good flavor in the pasta.
Service was 5***** we will go back.