“Very Average”

Johnny Garlic's
Ranked #70 of 527 Restaurants in Santa Rosa
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Beaumont, California
“Very Average”
Reviewed April 4, 2014 via mobile

We went to this restaurant expecting great food! That isn't what we go. The food was very average and was very messy! I will say this about Johnny Garlics, the service we got was very good. The waitress was very attentive but not to the point where she was bothering us.

Nevada
“Great for what it is”
Reviewed April 1, 2014 via mobile

If you're looking for a celebrity chef gourmet restaurant, this isn't it. If you're looking for a great place to have a burger, some appetizers and a drink/ beer???? Then this is your place. Laid back, gets service, and good food. Plus a great time. Just remember what it is before you get there and you won't be disappointed.

Visited April 2014
Phelan, California
“Very Disappointing”
Reviewed March 13, 2014

Sad to say that I was extremely disappointed. I am a big fan of Guy and Food Network and love to go toy of the Chef's restaurants if I am near one. I have had better food at Chils. I hat the Volcano Chicken which is suppose to be a signature dish. It arrived cold, the garlic mashed potatoes were lacking in flavor. In my opinion, Guy needs to focus on his roots. Sadly I would not recommend this place.
On the up side the waitress was great

• Visited March 2014
Santa Rosa, California
“its just average”
Reviewed March 12, 2014 via mobile

The menu was fairly uninspired for originality. I expected more from a place run by a celebrity chef. I had the special, duck taquitos. The taquitos were actually good but were drowning under three kinds of sauce...cream and guacamole and red hot sauce. My lips burned for a while after dinner from the red sauce. Sauce should compliment the dish, not bury it. Hubby and daughter had 2 kinds of burgers. The actual burger and roll were good but again had so much coleslaw and stuff piled on top of it you couldn't keep anything in the bun. It was a hot mess to try and eat. Hubby had garlic chips and daughter had garlic fries. Those each had lightly sauteed garlic plopped on top. It was really strong garlic...again overpowered the potato.I had the garlic soup, which was decent. Not amazing but decent. Since it was raised garlic soup I expected more of a nutty roasted flavor, but the garlic was again pretty strong. My guess us it was not roasted long enough to get to the nutty stage. The window of the restaurant says Johnny Garlic's pasta bar, but there was hardly a pasta dish to be found on the menu which I found odd.

Visited March 2014
Big Lake, Minnesota
“Amazing appetizers, but the rest is average for Sonoma”
Reviewed March 9, 2014

Stopped in with a groups of 8 after arriving in Santa Rosa on a Thursday night. We arrived at 6 PM (before typical Cali dinner rush) and it took them a very long time to accomodate our group even though the place was only 1/4 full (and stayed that way after our 2 hours there for dinner). I am not sure what the hold up was there. We were placed in the back "add on or closed patio" area of the restaurant (kind of tacky looking with undecorated exposed basic construction). Staff was always friendly, however. After being seated our server greeted us and was very helpful (this was her first shift and she was given a group of 8 on our first night of vacation, and she did a great job!). We promptly ordered appetizers as they looked irresistible on the menu. The regular appetizer menu items of the fried artichokes and the Sashimi Won Tacos are amazing! Also the special menu item of the smoked duck Taquitos received rave reviews by all (we want the recipe for after our duck hunts!!!). The remainder of the meal was fair, we all liked our meals but nobody raved about anything (includes the black n' blue burger, spicy italian sausage penne (very larger portion), steaks, and cedar plank salmon). I feel like if we would have just stuffed ourselves with appetizers this would have been awesome!!! The prices are fair for both drinks and menu items.

• Visited March 2014