“Third time staying here, another great visit”

Hyatt Regency Sonoma Wine Country
Ranked #6 of 24 Hotels in Santa Rosa
Reviewed January 27, 2014

We like this hotel for many things. Great location (near downtown Santa Rosa and the freeway), the Brasserie restaurant, the rooms are nice and just the friendliness of the staff. It is a great place to stay if you are tired of Napa and Sonoma (we are) and want to be close to many wineries and the new Graton casino. We enjoyed the Charles Schultz museum and all the amenities we wanted were less than a 10 minute drive from the hotel. I have to commend Ryan Alton, the Concierge, who was extremely helpful with dining and winery suggestions and printed out maps and provided a ton of useful information. He is a great resource that made our stay even better!

Room Tip: We liked being on the inside courtyard facing the fire pit. No freeway noise and a bright sunny loca...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (1,108)

Reviewed January 21, 2014

Have stayed here twice, first time was nicer a few years ago. They need to update furnishings but beds are comfy and blackout drapes work. Food is very good, tho room service said computers were down both times (during a biz conference) and had to go back and get forgotten items each time for bkfst. My chief complaint was addressed, but, this was that I had asked for a room with short as poss walking to the conference, because I have a partially paralyzed leg, and called ahead again to make sure, and this was deleted from the computer before I arrived. Due to unavoidable late ck-in, I was given a room at nearly the very furthest possible. So I would say that if you have any sort of problem like this, not only write it in your reservation and call two days before but call again on the AM of the day you are arriving. To their credit, they gave me a discount and a free breakfast, but this does not make up for the extreme fatigue I experienced in schlepping with a crutch to the end of two long hallways. Just be clear with them repeatedly and I think they will give it their best. Staff is mostly very nice. It is also a very long walk for a handicapped person to the restaurant from the conference center to eat lunch (equivalent to a city block as there is not direct access); I'd buy elsewhere next time and eat on the patio, or maybe rent a scooter if possible. However, if you have a wheelchair or a scooter, they do not have automatic handicapped door buttons outside the lobby... I struggled to get in with my luggage and crutch, and someone was calling out, "Do you need help, Miss?" but not even coming over to open the door. There was no bellman, just one clerk at the front desk who may have been on the phone or something. Like I said, the place needs updating. They do have free refigerators, a plus, which you need to ask for, and they will provide a power strip if you ask, since there is only one computer plug and your phone will need to plug into a lowish wall outlet where the cord will not reach your ear unless you sit on the floor. Repeat: Update, update, update. They are trying to be a good hotel; I expected more from a Hyatt, but, it is also not expensive.

Room Tip: Good luck with that. Call back several times and be persistent.
Reviewed January 19, 2014

Nice hotel but I spent half my night waiting for the internet connection to work. It was absolutely brutal. I would strongly recommend that business travelers find another hotel. I can't believe that hotels haven't figured out the importance of a decent internet connection.

Reviewed January 19, 2014

I stay here at least twice a year and still con not understand why this property has not been renovated. It has a great location, good service staff, and fairly attractive site.

Now having said that the location is excellent, the rooms are large and spacious. I would however suggest you request a third floor room, the sound proofing is poor.

Room Tip: Third floor room
1  Thank Ghostrider5408
Reviewed January 13, 2014

Spent the weekend in Santa Rosa for a friends birthday. Stayed here with a large group. Great service and a very good room at excellent price. Enjoyed the fact that we could easily walk to dinner to a big variety of restaurants.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 1, 2014

Booked this for a Friday eve in December. I requested early check in at the time of booking. I'm platinum at Hyatt so I always get my early check in satisfied. The official check in time was 3pm. We showed up at 2:40 and Chris told us room was not ready but maid was doing it up. He also did not acknowledge I was platinum - a small thing, but it alerted me to the fact that maybe he was not on top of the details. A little annoyed, we went to the restaurant for a quick bite. After 40 minutes we were still not contacted that room was ready. At 3:30, I called front desk and asked what was up. I was told the maid was in the room cleaning it and that the guest before had a late checkout. I asked if he realized he had a platinum guest coming in who had requested early check-in at booking. He replied that the previous guest was diamond (the next higher level). At about 4pm our room was ready. I found out later there were multiple rooms like the one we had booked. No excuse for why he could not have had our room ready early as requested unless there were only diamond guests staying in them, which I think is unlikely. Why not fewer stars? Well, at checkout, Marco was at the front desk and he was great, acknowledged the platinum status, apologized for not being to get us in early, etc. I will try them one more time before switching to other hotels in the area, of which there are a few. One additional tip: you must walk outside to get the restaurant even though it is attached. If the weather is nice, which is usually the case in this part of the world, it's no big deal.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 31, 2013

The staff was extremely helpful and friendly. I booked through Expedia. The Expedia price for a pet was apparently wrong. I informed the daytime desk staff of this and they charged me the Expedia price. The hotel is very dog friendly. The rooms were clean and smelled fresh. The shampoo, conditioner and lotion were top notch. I would definitely recommend this hotel.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Best Western Plus Garden Inn
#5 of 24 in Santa Rosa
Hilton Garden Inn Sonoma County Airport
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Sonoma Wine Country

Been to Hyatt Regency Sonoma Wine Country? Share your experiences!