This is definitely a hotel where you will want to either stay at the hotel for most of the time for a nice get away or sight see outside of Santa Rosa and then come back at night. The city itself is very depressed, so there aren't a lot of options right in Santa Rosa for great restaurants, et cetera, BUT the hotel staff is very helpful for suggestions not only for nearby if you have to stay there AND for things to do in the area. Lots of wineries and a cool Safari. All within easy driving distance.
I actually liked the hotel. It's probably the nicest one in the area from what I can tell, but I haven't been to all of them, so don't quote me on that. The hot tub and pool and the courtyard with the fire pit are very nice for relaxing, with or without a nice bottle of wine. Not to mention the nice spa. It is cheaper than some of the other locations in wine country, but if you don't mind driving a little bit to get to some of the wineries and other sights, then I would definitely recommend staying here.
And if you're a runner or like to bike, there is a decent path that you can pick up behind the hotel (right behind the hot tub area) and the town seems safe enough during the morning when I would run.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Savor the romance and charm of a Tuscan villa at Hyatt Regency Sonoma Wine Counrty. Relax in this convenient AAA Four Diamond award-winning hotel in beautiful Santa Rosa, California with first-class amenities and exceptional service. This Mediterranean style hotel in Santa Rosa is just a short drive from 200 Sonoma County wineries, the gorgeous Pacific Coast, Napa Valley and the Sonoma County Airport. Stroll to a myriad of shops, restaurants and cultural attractions in Santa Rosa, just minutes from the hotel. Meander through our lush grounds framed in aromatic lavender, wisteria and roses.Dine alfresco, at the Brasserie restaurant, or sip wine by our cozy fire pit. No matter what brings you to the Sonoma Valley area, you'll find our gracious Hyatt hotel is your home in Santa Rosa and Sonoma County. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Hyatt Regency Sonoma Wine Country reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Vineyard Creek Hotel Santa Rosa
- Hyatt Regency Sonoma Wine Country Santa Rosa, CA - Sonoma County