“Pure Paradise”

Ranked #3 of 25 Hotels in Santa Rosa
Oley, Pennsylvania
“Pure Paradise”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 13, 2013

My husband and I and another couple traveled to California to see our daughters compete in a gymnastics meet and a small vacation out of it. We stayed at the Hyatt for two evenings. The service was unbelievable. Check-in was easy and quick. The lobby was comfortable with their fireplace. The room was beautiful, clean, and the beds were really comfortable. Location was great. We were able to walk to restuarants and shops. The best part of this hotel is Ramone, the conciere. He was amazing. He planned out two days for us. He picked wineries he thought we would enjoy and recommended lunch spots. He gave us complementary wine tasting coupons for each of the wineries that he recommended. He was spot-on with the recommendations. There was a complementary wine tasting the one evening which was quite relaxing. We are planning to return to California to visit more of the wine country and will stay here again! A great place for romance and relaxation!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (178)
Culver City, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2013

I stayed here for a conference recently. The people at the front desk were friendly and helpful. the room was comfortable, simply but nicely appointed. My bed was fresh and clean. Soft towels. Small gym, but certainly enough for me. The conference food was really good. I was able to get wi-fi the whole time with no trouble. Free parking, easy to find. Cute neighborhood - lots of shops and restaurants.

To improve: keep hot water filled during the conference, check the rooms prior to check in (there was some trash on the dresser when I got there), better access to electrical outlets, don't hide the hairdryer in the closet, fix the 2nd elliptical machine.

Overall a nice stay.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Pasadena, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 9, 2013 via mobile

The best way to describe this experience is mixed. Here's what I mean:

* Bathroom: Good lighting, very clean. Great layout.
* Bedroom: Nasty fluorescent lighting. No easy-to-access power ports. Fridge looks it was dropped out of an airplane. Stains on a seat.
* Bed: Overall comfortable. Creaky, but soft. Sheets were clean.
* Walls: Somewhat thin. It was clear when our neighbors returned from their wine tours, and how drunk they were.
* Windows: Somewhat thick! We heard zero outside noise, despite proximity to multiple freeways.
* Service: front desk is awesome, these folks were consistently helpful. Room service was good to "just ok." (We didn't eat at the restaurant.)
* Common areas: very nice.
* Parking: free. This is a rarity at any Hyatt, so I like to point it out as a good thing.
* Price: good. At least, it was for us. I think I used the Costco rate.

If Hyatt considered a few minor improvements / renovations, we'd be happy to stay here again. If not, we may check out Andaz Napa instead.

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank acmorris
Treasure Island, Fl
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2013

we had a wonderful 5 day stay at the Hyatt, the staff was exceptional! Starting with Heather at the front desk, she was so helpful with everything from directions to vineyard recomendations to making sure we had everything we needed to have a comfortable stay. Romone was extremely helpful with helping us map out our day and making our dinner reservations. I can't say enough about all the staff, our room was beautiful and comfortable. I would highly recomend this hotel.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Nipomo, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2013

Nice property, great bed, lovely, quiet room. No internet access in room which I needed. Told there was, but couldn't ever get on. Another guest told me he has to change rooms to get it, he was in my wing and seems none of the rooms had it. Apparently the hotel is just getting Wifi and it is hit and miss. That is OK, just tell me that!!!
Good location, right off the freeway in a cute part of town.
Front desk staff OK. Friendly in a non-genuine sort of way.

Room Tip: If you need internet access tell them at the desk to get a room that has it.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2013

This is my second time back at the Hyatt Vineyard Creek (last time was 2 years ago). Once again I experienced Excellent customer service. We were in town for barrel tasting weekend and the hotel was quite full. However, we had requested a quite room and they put us away from most of the commotion and on a high floor. They offer a service in which you can leave your wine at the desk and they have a contract with a wine shipping company to legally ship your wine back for you (if you live in a legal state). I took advantage of this last time as well. This time we weren't quite done tasting before checking out, but they allowed me to come back after and drop my wine off seeing I had just checked out that morning. Saved me a hassle and allowed me to fill up my box! Thanks for a great stay again!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Folsom, CA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 28, 2013

Lighting is awful blue fluorescent !! Ever hear of Warm fluorescent? No FOX network (every other liberal station is available). No pastries on breakfast menu. And they show two comfy chairs and a table (which most hotels no longer supply as now you get a desk chair and one comfy chair ) in their pics. Which was part of my decision in booking but... not so much when you get there only one! Wish more hotels would go back to two comfy chairs!! Front desk staff was very friendly upon checking in!! But no cork screw available!! Hello, this is wine country.!! Wine bar wasn't open/maned even though they had a sign out Happy Hour ??? Rates are low for wine country. But they advertise a lot more then what they deliver. Don't expect a lot!!

• Stayed February 2013