“Mixed experience”

Ranked #3 of 25 Hotels in Santa Rosa
Pasadena, California
“Mixed experience”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 9, 2013 via mobile

The best way to describe this experience is mixed. Here's what I mean:

* Bathroom: Good lighting, very clean. Great layout.
* Bedroom: Nasty fluorescent lighting. No easy-to-access power ports. Fridge looks it was dropped out of an airplane. Stains on a seat.
* Bed: Overall comfortable. Creaky, but soft. Sheets were clean.
* Walls: Somewhat thin. It was clear when our neighbors returned from their wine tours, and how drunk they were.
* Windows: Somewhat thick! We heard zero outside noise, despite proximity to multiple freeways.
* Service: front desk is awesome, these folks were consistently helpful. Room service was good to "just ok." (We didn't eat at the restaurant.)
* Common areas: very nice.
* Parking: free. This is a rarity at any Hyatt, so I like to point it out as a good thing.
* Price: good. At least, it was for us. I think I used the Costco rate.

If Hyatt considered a few minor improvements / renovations, we'd be happy to stay here again. If not, we may check out Andaz Napa instead.

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank acmorris

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (178)
Treasure Island, Fl
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2013

we had a wonderful 5 day stay at the Hyatt, the staff was exceptional! Starting with Heather at the front desk, she was so helpful with everything from directions to vineyard recomendations to making sure we had everything we needed to have a comfortable stay. Romone was extremely helpful with helping us map out our day and making our dinner reservations. I can't say enough about all the staff, our room was beautiful and comfortable. I would highly recomend this hotel.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Nipomo, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2013

Nice property, great bed, lovely, quiet room. No internet access in room which I needed. Told there was, but couldn't ever get on. Another guest told me he has to change rooms to get it, he was in my wing and seems none of the rooms had it. Apparently the hotel is just getting Wifi and it is hit and miss. That is OK, just tell me that!!!
Good location, right off the freeway in a cute part of town.
Front desk staff OK. Friendly in a non-genuine sort of way.

Room Tip: If you need internet access tell them at the desk to get a room that has it.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2013

This is my second time back at the Hyatt Vineyard Creek (last time was 2 years ago). Once again I experienced Excellent customer service. We were in town for barrel tasting weekend and the hotel was quite full. However, we had requested a quite room and they put us away from most of the commotion and on a high floor. They offer a service in which you can leave your wine at the desk and they have a contract with a wine shipping company to legally ship your wine back for you (if you live in a legal state). I took advantage of this last time as well. This time we weren't quite done tasting before checking out, but they allowed me to come back after and drop my wine off seeing I had just checked out that morning. Saved me a hassle and allowed me to fill up my box! Thanks for a great stay again!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Folsom, CA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 28, 2013

Lighting is awful blue fluorescent !! Ever hear of Warm fluorescent? No FOX network (every other liberal station is available). No pastries on breakfast menu. And they show two comfy chairs and a table (which most hotels no longer supply as now you get a desk chair and one comfy chair ) in their pics. Which was part of my decision in booking but... not so much when you get there only one! Wish more hotels would go back to two comfy chairs!! Front desk staff was very friendly upon checking in!! But no cork screw available!! Hello, this is wine country.!! Wine bar wasn't open/maned even though they had a sign out Happy Hour ??? Rates are low for wine country. But they advertise a lot more then what they deliver. Don't expect a lot!!

• Stayed February 2013
1 Thank mcknzz
Taos, New Mexico
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2013

Hyatt Vineyard Creek is a small Hyatt that could teach the big hotels many lessons. The front office management will do anything to make a stay perfect, thank you Marco! The rooms are large enough and the many Jr style suites, with sitting areas and patio access are wonderful.
The Brasserie restaurant is one of Hyatt's better in house restaurants anywhere. The diamond level GP traveler is going to love the recognition and service here.

Room Tip: Th rooms along the west side(lower room numbers) are away from the 101 and much quieter. The first f...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Columbus, Ohio
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2013

I am a Hyatt Platinum member so I have been to their top of the line resorts in different locations (particularly enjoyed the one in Carmel -- highly recommend!!!). This is a cute little hotel in wine country. What I did appreciate about it was their amenities for such a good rate. It has a nice restaurant (breakfast was very tasty) and they have a lobby bar area with wine tastings. It also has a spa, pool, and fitness center -- all of which were nice. We were upgraded to an executive suite which had a shower and separate soaking tub, which I took advantage of. Room was quite clean and comfortable.

The location is right off the highway so the noise factor is something you'll have to be ok with but its literally one block up from all the nice restaurants and shops right down the street from Railroad Square. I hadn't been to Santa Rosa before and thought it was very quaint. I would consider staying here again if I wanted to jaunt up to Healdsburg without paying Healdsburg prices.

Staff was very friendly and helpful! All of them were very eager to please.

Room Tip: Stayed in room 321 - executive suite. Nice location and great space in the room. Bathroom with soa...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple