“Good old days are GONE”

Cricklewood
Ranked #137 of 525 Restaurants in Santa Rosa
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: Cricklewood is an eating and drinking place that opened in 1976. We serve aged, Black Angus beef and feature Sonoma county wines.
Rohnert Park, California
“Good old days are GONE”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2012

My husband and I went to Cricklewood for dinner tonight and had the ribeye dinner and the halibut thinking that it would be as good as it has been in the past. Well the past is just that. THE PAST. Let's start with the starter! We ordered the Balls of Fire, chicken nuggets in buffalo sauce except they were out of them so they said they were 'preparing' them differently tonight and would that be alright? Sure, why not? Well, what came was chopped up chicken breast lightly sauted with a drizzle of wing sauce over it. Wow guys, really?!? Then came our dinner. The halibut smelled fishy and was served without any sauce and was very dry laying next to the steadfast baked potato on a salad plate; no steamed veggie mind you but I did get a lemon. The ribeye was not prime choice and very tough and the fat trim was not cooked, just bloby. Ugh. I'd like to point out that we didn't have any alcohol with our meal, just one glass of iced tea for each of us. This dinner cost the two of us $80.00! Cricklewood was a wonderful place to go in the past. You could count on getting a good cut of meat or a fresh piece of fish and when you first sat down you got your bread with your drinks. Alas, no more. Hard times are apparent here or maybe the good cooks have found greener pastures. All around this experience was very disappointing to say the least. You should never go away spending that kind of money and still be hungry.

• Visited August 2012
Lynette M, Owner at Cricklewood, responded to this review, July 9, 2013
Though I truly apologize that you had such a disappointing meal here last summer, it's certainly not a sign of how things are now, Amy. You must have really caught us on an uncharacteristic off-night, and for that, I'm very sorry. We don't use low quality cuts of meat, and if anything about your meal seemed out of place, I wish you'd have let us know. We still take just as much pride in serving our customers great meals as we always have. I hope your previously enjoyable experiences encourage you to let us prove that to you some time soon. I'm certain that we can change your mind. My apologies once again.

Lynette

“Disappointed and didn't even stay for dinner”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2012

I arrived around 7:30 and was reluctant to go inside because it looked as if they were closed. I reluctantly entered and asked to sit at the bar. I would guess the were less than 15 patrons and wait staff looked a little bored. I was thinking of ordering a steak and a nice glass of wine. Their wine by the glass selection, printed on a blue card sandwiched in a plastic card holder was abysmal. The waitress/bartender was polite and offered a taste of the two cabs available by the glass. The first, was not to my liking and the second, some blend, was awful. I decided to leave instead of having dinner. The waitress was nice, and suggested a couple of places that may be more in line with what I was looking for. The atmosphere was a bit outdated but I'm reluctant to condem them based upon my brief experience. They may very well have decent fare but, I just had one of thoses feelings and decided to listen to my hunch...that said, someone else will have to judge the food.

1 Thank 1discerningdiner
Windsor, California
“good, but not updated”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2012

Good food, nice service, comfortable, but not fancy and not updated. You get alot of food for the money, some good some just ok. Deserts were fabulous, rich fattening, everything you want in a desert.

• Visited June 2012
Coto de Caza, California
“Underachiever!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2012

This place needs a serious makeover. The food was terrible and the staff was inept. They are (were) noted for prime rib. Well at 8:00 pm on a Friday night they were out of it. How can the management/owners let this happen? The interior was old and worn out. The table where we were seated had the ambiance of a telephone booth. We would have been more comfortable ding on a bus stop bench. Our waitress was not familiar with items on the menu and actually confessed she hadn't eaten any of the food they serve. I ordered clam chowder among other items and it was the worse I have ever had. Two in our party ordered expensive steaks and they were poorly prepared.

• Visited April 2012
Santa Rosa, California
“Prime Rib Bones!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2012

Well, the prime rib is great, but if you don't have much money in your pocket, you can gnaw on several Prime Rib bones for less than 10 bucks! Full bar, Sinatra-type seating booths, something for anyone. I hope to visit again.

Visited December 2011