“always fresh”

Got a photo?
Add it.
Boathouse Sushi
Reviewed June 29, 2017

they have interesting rolls. tempura a little greasy sometimes
staff is helpful if you are new to sushi

and always fresh

Date of visit: December 2016

Reviewed April 10, 2017 via mobile

Santa Rosa doesn't have many options for great Sushi. I was excited to see Boathouse opening up a few years back in a new Safeway complex down Mendocino Ave. I've frequented this spot probably 10-15 times in this location. The decor is on the verge of fancy. They did it right. It always seems clean and I like the way it looks for it being in a strip mall. The Sushi has just never impressed me. It's not bad, it's not spectacular. I've never walked out of this place and been like, damn, that was a great meal! Lol.

I've had a good time at this restaurant. Good for family birthdays, or meeting up w friends. I'll probably even go back! Lol! Maybe I'll try something new next time and be super impressed!! I hope so! I love Sushi!

Date of visit: April 2017
Reviewed May 18, 2016

Not the best very dark young kids serving talking to each other. The food is so so wouldn't recommend it. Go to Gogie on Mendencio right down the road

Date of visit: April 2016
Reviewed March 28, 2016 via mobile

I considered only 11 prior Trip Advisor reviews to be a bit risky. Fear not, sushi lovers, for the Boathouse delivered far beyond my expectations! And guess what.. there were burgers on the menu incase you happen to be joined by a non-sushi fan! The atmosphere is darkish, intimate, casual and nice. We were warmly greeted and well sèrved by the wait staff throughout our meal.

Feeling adventurous, I ordered the "Hot Mess" featured on the printed menu as a chef's special. This is an AMAZING dish. As I struggle to describe it AND make it sound appealing, I realize it is accurately-named! Here goes... this is a California Roll covered in a spicy cream sauce with shitake mushrooms, scallops and shrimp. I am not a scallop-lover. And the thought of sushi drowning in sauce just sounds plain weird. And it was. But lemme tell you, it was incredible. The portion was so filling yet the thought of leaving a drop of that perfectly-spiced sauce behind had me wishing for a biscut so as not to miss a drop!

My daughter ordered a California Roll and declared it to have been excellent.

Bring your smallest ride because the parking spaces in this strip mall area are quite narrow.7

Date of visit: March 2016
Reviewed February 10, 2016

You really can't do any better than Boathouse Sushi -even if you don't like Sushi! Enjoyed the Salmon Teriyaki and the Chicken Katsu - both perfect! They accommodated our group of 10 like it was nothing - and for a smallish place - that's saying something - excellent all the way around - everyone loved their food!

Date of visit: February 2016