“DO IT !!”

Got a photo?
Add it.
Boathouse Sushi
Reviewed March 28, 2016 via mobile

I considered only 11 prior Trip Advisor reviews to be a bit risky. Fear not, sushi lovers, for the Boathouse delivered far beyond my expectations! And guess what.. there were burgers on the menu incase you happen to be joined by a non-sushi fan! The atmosphere is darkish, intimate, casual and nice. We were warmly greeted and well sèrved by the wait staff throughout our meal.

Feeling adventurous, I ordered the "Hot Mess" featured on the printed menu as a chef's special. This is an AMAZING dish. As I struggle to describe it AND make it sound appealing, I realize it is accurately-named! Here goes... this is a California Roll covered in a spicy cream sauce with shitake mushrooms, scallops and shrimp. I am not a scallop-lover. And the thought of sushi drowning in sauce just sounds plain weird. And it was. But lemme tell you, it was incredible. The portion was so filling yet the thought of leaving a drop of that perfectly-spiced sauce behind had me wishing for a biscut so as not to miss a drop!

My daughter ordered a California Roll and declared it to have been excellent.

Bring your smallest ride because the parking spaces in this strip mall area are quite narrow.7

Date of visit: March 2016

Reviewed February 10, 2016

You really can't do any better than Boathouse Sushi -even if you don't like Sushi! Enjoyed the Salmon Teriyaki and the Chicken Katsu - both perfect! They accommodated our group of 10 like it was nothing - and for a smallish place - that's saying something - excellent all the way around - everyone loved their food!

Date of visit: February 2016
Reviewed December 16, 2015

My spouse and I stopped here for lunch recently and if you are a sushi fan, you won't be disappointed. The restaurant featured some affordable lunch combos that gave you a chance to try a few dishes without breaking the bank. We will return!

Date of visit: December 2015
Reviewed July 2, 2015

In recent years, the options for vegetarians in sushi restaurants has improved immensely. Which is great for me because I don't think I could have eaten another tempura vegetable. I went for dinner last week and lunch just the other day. The place was on the dark side both times. It's not a bad thing, just something I noticed when I walked in. The restaurant is on the small side but there is seating outside. It's located on the end of a small strip mall so if you are seated outside, you get a bird's eye view of the shopping center's supermarket delivery trucks rolling by. They serve beer and wine. It's seems like a pretty standard selection. I didn't order alcohol on either visit. The menu has a good variety of appetizers, salads, noodles, burgers, oysters and sushi. I ordered a 2 piece combo plate on both occasions and only the price was different from lunch to dinner. It come with small bowl of miso soup and salad. The soup was hot and the salad greens were fresh. The salad is made with a balsamic based dressing. I ordered vegetarian sushi and they are big and there are at least 6-7 pieces to each sushi. The tufopillar roll is new and it's stuffed with tofu and topped with avocado. It's piece is a mouthful. For lunch I changed it up with an order of their fried veggie dumplings. It was full of chopped veggies and came with a dipping sauce. Overall, the service was attentive and a relatively quick. I loved the fact that I had several options for a vegetarian meal. The food was made with fresh ingredients and the servings were on the bigger side. I will definitely be back!

Date of visit: June 2015
Reviewed January 26, 2015

Love this place - have never had a bad meal here. Parking is a little rough sometimes but it is worth checking out for sure. I have also been to a few events that they catered and the food was really good which is saying something!! Try something new,, this is a place you can trust to be fresh everytime. Enjoy!!

Date of visit: November 2014