“Always reliably great!”

Good for: Romantic, Bar scene, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Mark West Springs
Description: A San Francisco Chronicle Bay Area Top 100 Restaurant for four years, Willi's Wine Bar's classic roadhouse appeal captures the casual, laid-back nature of Sonoma County Wine Country. Tourists and locals feel equally at home enjoying a quick bite or lingering over a glass of wine. The menu at Willi's features international small plates, some wildly inventive and others comfortingly familiar. Staff is eager to help create perfect pairings with wines from the extensive wine list, many by local producers. Most wines are available in twoounce tastes as well as by the glass or bottle..
Atlanta, Georgia
“Always reliably great!”
Reviewed August 16, 2014

If you love tapas, you'll love Willi's! Every time we're in Santa Rosa, Willi's is our first dining experience.

Visited May 2014

Hercules, California
“Food Heaven!!!”
Reviewed August 15, 2014

We went to Willi's for our anniversary dinner after going to Safari West. OMG! Out of the 8 items in our bill, we loved 7 of them!

1) Bordeaux Wine Flight ($19) We love wine flights because it's an affordable way to try different wines.
2) Dungeness Crab Flatbread, Baby Artichoke "Lardons", Bellweather Farms Crescenza Cheese ($12). I had second thoughts about ordering this because I thought it was too heavy in carbs; it wasn't. It's just like a really good pizza. It's even my favorite of all we ordered!
3) Scallop Dumplings, Pea Shoots, Pancetta, Sherry Vinegar Butter ($13). Probably the best scallop dumplings I'll ever taste in my life.
4) Goat Cheese Gnocchi, Exotic Mushrooms, Black Truffle Fonduta, Herb Salad ($11). I was never a fan of gnocchi, but Willi's sure turned me into one! My husband was initially disappointed when it was served because he was expecting a salad with lots of greens. But one bite was all it took to bring him to food nirvana.
5) "Mu Shu Bacon" Chive and shiso crepes, hoisin bbq sauce ($11). Very interesting mu shu interpretation; i liked it! After all, you can't go wrong with bacon :)
6) Willi's Truffled French Fries with Truffle Aioli ($9). So addicting, but I would have preferred thinner, crispier cuts and some truffle shavings. It's the second best truffle fries I've tasted (First place goes to Irving St. Kitchen in Portland, OR).
7) Filet Mignon Sliders, Creamed Spinach, Whole Grain Mustard Bernaise ($16). This was the most expensive food item we ordered, but it was my least favorite. I thought it a tad pretentious; ground beef would have sufficed.
8) Five Spice Beignet with chocolate sauce ($8.50) Perfect end to a near perfect meal!

Every small plate was well thought out -- visually appealing and palate pleasing. I can't believe we were able to enjoy divine dishes at such reasonable prices.

The only downside was we had to wait forever for our bill, but our server was apologetic so I'll let it slide.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank Fuchsiapower
Pasadena, CA
“Good service, great food and well-served wine”
Reviewed August 9, 2014

Took a group of five mid-week for an early dinner (6:30), the place was hopping, nearly full. The servers were friendly and astute, knew the food and the wines well, and treated us as respected friendly guests rather than supplicants or tourists. Indoors was a bit noisy, as noted below, but we had no problem chatting or ordering, and we all had a blast passing the really well-prepared small plates. Even with 5 of us everyone got at least a good taste of each dish, and some were re-ordered. The wine flights were well sorted, well-opened, and mostly at perfect temperature, and the list was very good, not too pricey but not cheap. I'd normally have taken my own wines (I think* it was $15 corkage for up to 2 bottles, waived if you buy one) but with small plates I felt it's better to have a wider variety, and here they sure do, so we ordered by the glass, flights and singles. I liked that this wine-county gem also had a good selection of non-Californian wines, from all over the world!

• Visited August 2014
Windsor, California
“Great food! Love the ambiance!”
Reviewed August 9, 2014

Little pricy for the little plates, but the flavor and variety makes up for it. Will go there again on a special occasion.

Visited September 2013
Camarillo, California
“Great experience”
Reviewed August 7, 2014 via mobile

Small plates restaurant that I think is best done as a wine pairing place. Two or three courses per person. Lots of wonderful small plates, even better if shared. I went with a salad/Sauvignon blanc, gnocchi/Pinot noir, dessert/Cabernet. One of the best wine/food experiences ever. Budget $30 per course per person with wine, tax, and tip. Well worth it.

1 Thank Hitcher84