“Good food. Expensive.”

Ca'Bianca Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Ca'Bianca Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 536 Restaurants in Santa Rosa
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: E Street
Description: Ca'Bianca's cuisine is a blend from multiple regions of Italy, from Milano in the north, to Sicilia in the south. Our delicious array of tantalizing dishes include house-made pasta and bread, perfectly cooked steaks, seafood classics, creative antipasti, garden fresh salads, and of course, rich desserts. Ca'Bianca is a treasure of warmth and charm in the heart of Santa Rosa.You may wish to bring together a large party of old friends to celebrate a loved one's milestone birthday, gather the family to rejoice in a couple's silver anniversary, or perhaps, simply enjoy a romantic dinner for two. We can accommodate parties ranging in size from as few as 2 people to as many as 100.
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Good food. Expensive.”
Reviewed December 20, 2007

Good food. Expensive.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook

healdsburg
“totally forgettable”
Reviewed August 24, 2007

The ambiance is charming, and the service is excellent--unforthunately the food was not. The wild boar tasted like kibble drowned in salty brown canned gravy; the matriciana was Campbell's tomato soup over hard (NOT al dente) pasta. Can't believe they had the nerve to send this food out--PERHAPS the regular chef was kidnapped, but we'll never know because we'll never return. The bar was staffed by a young man who had no charm and NO ability to make a good cocktail--the bar's appeal was zero.
There are so many better alternatives--Lococo's, Cucina Paradiso, Giacomo's to name a few; and the relatively new Riviera, which we just tried, has terrific staff, atmosphere, and most importantly, fantastic authentic Italian cuisine.
Simply put, this restaurant served terrible food. It's been in business for quite a while, but when our friends suggested it, I realized no one I know ( my mother in law is Venetian) ever mentions it. No wonder the place was empty.

Houston, Texas
“Exceptional Service!”
Reviewed August 4, 2007

We drove straight from the San Francisco airport to Santa Rosa on Friday, July 20, and dared not get off of the freeway to eat due to the traffic. When we finally arrived at Ca Bianca we were starving, tired, and didn't look our best. I was immediately charmed by the restaurant located in what looked to be a historic home. I was further impressed by the understated elegance of the interior and then by the service that was unmatched on the rest of our trip. Everything was just right and it was obvious that our waiter and his assistants had been trained with attention to detail. The waiter and staff were very friendly and helpful and the owner stopped by our table to chat on more than one occasion. This was just the place to come to feel pampered after a rough ride into town! By the way, the bread, appetizer, entrees, and wine were wonderful, too, and it was an average priced meal. I miss Ca Bianca!

1 Thank apmc
Healdsburg, CA
“A must stop for the Italian lover”
Reviewed July 15, 2007

Earlier this year we decided to try this place out after seeing that they won the “Best Italian” category for Sonoma County in the Bohemian’s Best Of issue (this is a local paper). My mother-in-law was coming to town and loves Italian so we made a reservation and setup a babysitter. To make a long story short the babysitter fell through and we ended up deciding (very reluctantly) to go ahead and bring our 1 year old daughter with us. The staff was so incredible the whole night and did numerous things to help us out with our little one. The food was amazing and we vowed to go back for a date night.

Last night we made our return to Ca’Bianca and had another great experience. Once again the staff was great and we were seated immediately. The restaurant is a huge, historic home and is just beautiful. We started with their Clam/Mussel appetizer, which was absolutely perfect. They could easily make this a dinner item and I’d order it every time! I got their Tagliolini Pasta which was tossed with a light sauce, shrimp, fresh tomatoes, and arugula. I loved this dish. Last visit, I had their Pasta with Clams and that was amazing too. Their pasta is homemade so it’s really wonderful.

My wife got the Filet wrapped with Prosciutto (this was the special). She really enjoyed it, but said the Gnocchi in a Gorgonzola Cream Sauce she got last time is still her favorite.

Between the ambiance, food, and staff this place is definitely one of our favorites.

1 Thank RAS4
Atlanta, GA
“Not too impressed!”
Reviewed October 19, 2006

I thought this would be a great restaurant based on the reviews both here, on other sites, and on the hearty recommendation of a British guy in the bar.

I made reservations for 9 p.m. and we showed up promptly at 9, to absolutely no one at the hostess stand. We waited patiently for a few minutes, thinking they might be busy. When no one showed after about five minutes, my husband went to the bar to inquire. He waited for another two or three minutes before he was acknowledged (there were four people in the bar). We finally got seated and ordered a glass of wine. Minor service issue aside, we were ready for a great meal.

I settled on the pumpkin canneloni and my husband, the veal special. The waiter came back after we placed our orders to apologize; they were out of pumpkin canneloni, but could offer pumpkin ravioli instead. Great, says I! Bring it on. A few minutes later, the waiter came back to apologize again, "I'm so mad at our kitchen. We don't have the raviloi either!" Okay, I wasn't happy, but several items on the menu looked pleasing, so I ordered the filet.

We got our food promptly (almost too promptly) and I have to say I was terribly underwhelmed. The steak, which I ordered medium rare, was rare. The sauce looked like it bad been dumped on top from a bucket. Presentation was not there at all. And the steak tasted like it came from Sizzler. We ordered panna cotta for dessert and it was flabby and uninteresting. My husband's veal was good though, so the dinner wasn't a total loss.

We found out as we were paying the bill ($150 with wine and tip) that the staff were preparing for an event the following day, which explained the lack of attentiveness both at the service and food quality levels. If I lived in Santa Rosa, I'd give them another chance, but since I don't I have to give them a poor rating. Sorry, Ca Bianca!

3 Thank Peechy_Keene