“A good place to celebrate in”

Ca'Bianca Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Ca'Bianca Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 567 Restaurants in Santa Rosa
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: E Street
Description: Ca'Bianca's cuisine is a blend from multiple regions of Italy, from Milano in the north, to Sicilia in the south. Our delicious array of tantalizing dishes include house-made pasta and bread, perfectly cooked steaks, seafood classics, creative antipasti, garden fresh salads, and of course, rich desserts. Ca'Bianca is a treasure of warmth and charm in the heart of Santa Rosa.You may wish to bring together a large party of old friends to celebrate a loved one's milestone birthday, gather the family to rejoice in a couple's silver anniversary, or perhaps, simply enjoy a romantic dinner for two. We can accommodate parties ranging in size from as few as 2 people to as many as 100.
Reviewed July 25, 2011

My spouse wanted to take me to a nice restaurant to celebrate my birthday last year, and having heard of it but never having been here, we chose this restaurant. It's a grand old (and, yes, white) house in one of Santa Rosa's historic corners, and I would guess from the layout and décor that it's a favorite spot for wedding receptions, communion banquets and that sort of thing. The clientele was what I would call Respectable Mature; in fact the next table hosted a popular local newspaper columnist and her entourage. The menu is interesting, if not especially challenging, but straight off I noticed that the on-line menu I'd consulted before-hand was not the same as the one we were given, and I was really looking forward to a saltimbocca...not on offer! However, the alert maitre d' noticed my disappointment and after a moment's consultation the dish was prepared for me specially -- the privilege of the Birthday Boy, perhaps? That said, the entrée was good but not great, rather like my appetizer and the pasta my wife ordered; another companion's seafood dish was much better, though. The wine list is very good, with my favorite brandy arriving in a pre-warmed snifter (another birthday treat?) and our desserts were just fine. The staff also had the graciousness to compliment my new top-hat, worn (and if I may say so, rather dashingly) for the occasion.

Reviewed July 23, 2011

The white Victorian home restoration is well done and the garden is quite pleasant, as is the porch to linger over a drink. There is also a sweet glassed-in porch in which you can eat. The tables are well spaced, the glass lets you see the garden and it's all a well-designed experience. On the other hand, the food seems prepared for the elderly locals who seem to frequent the place, and it's clear that they prefer a bland standard Italian meal. My salad was bland, the pasta sauce had no taste and the salmon also was tasteless. We did not order dessert. The ingredients were of high quality, but they decided to lose the flavor in the preparation.

Reviewed July 16, 2011

We just got back from our amazing honeymoon and are just now able to savor
our wedding day. I want take the time to thank Karin and Marco for their
exceptional help in making our wedding absolutely perfect.
Where should I start? It began when my bridesmaids and I were shown to the
bridal suite, where a little breakfast awaited us. What a treat! Karin's
cappuccino was the perfect pick-me-up after a night of very little sleep. We
had to coordinate everything by phone and email from southern California,
which added to my "bride anxiety," but Karin's took all the worry out of the
planning. Our ceremony was just as I'd imagined, romantic and beautiful.
Karin coordinated the time-line and directed the function during the whole
day. We used her recommended vendors, and each one gave us exactly what we
wanted. We really enjoyed the appetizer hour in the garden and got some
great pictures. Karin's attention to every detail made me feel like she was
part of my family...in the best way possible, not just a business person.
Family members are still e-mailing and calling us to tell us what a good
time they had and how good the food was. Many of our 70 friends and family
commented on how the wait staff was professional, friendly and went out of
their way to take care of them.
I would recommend Ca' Bianca to any bride-to-be. We have the best possible
memories of our wedding thanks to them.

Monica

Reviewed May 12, 2011

They have a way with pastas! Yum, yum, would go every weekend if I could afford to! Lived in SR for nine months, best restaurant yet. Salads are great, desserts are yummy too! Prices are really not bad either.

Reviewed February 23, 2011

The restaurant is in a beautiful old house in Santa Rosa that exudes charm from the outside. We were greeted by a cool but civil maitre d who showed us to our table in a room extension just off the main dining area. It was a cold night and the atmosphere and ambience could have been vastly improved by a fire in the lovely old fireplace- instead an extra table had been added which obscured the fireplace. Our server was friendly and helpful and the food arrived promptly. I ordered the lamb special which was well prepared but came with just three minuscule fingerling potatoes. (Thankfully there was the bread basket although the bread tasted somewhat stale and dry.) most of the clientele were casually attired - jeans, parkas, scarves etc - a shame as this venue begs for elegance and a grander feel. The dessert was good - the best part of the meal. Would recommend but not for a special occasion