“Dissapointed ”

Cavaliere's Bakeries and Cafes
Ranked #333 of 616 Restaurants in Santa Rosa
Reviewed May 19, 2017 via mobile

Not recommended. We purchased an apple loaf. It looked tasty, yet it was dry, gummy, flavorless, with Wonderbread-like texture, without delicious aroma and seemed like old spices and day old bread. One bite for each of us and the rest was tossed into the garbage. Good service, nice entryway, but poor quality.

Date of visit: May 2017
Write a reviewReviews (7)

Reviewed March 26, 2016

I ordered the Strawberry Parfait Cake to serve at a luncheon for a large group. It was wonderful, light cake with great filling and fresh berries. Definitely will be trying the other cakes they offer.

Date of visit: March 2016
Reviewed February 18, 2016

We got a King Cake for Mardi Gras ( and my birthday and the start of Chinese New Year and Valentines Day) It was the best King Cake ever and they aren't that easy to find out here in the North West!

Date of visit: February 2016
Reviewed January 16, 2016

I called on a Saturday to order some bread for the following Wednesday. Normally this bread is only made on Fridays so I repeatedly asked if it was doable. I was told yes and the price was $5.25 a loaf. I decided to call on Monday to double check my order. The person that answered had no clue about my order. I asked again if was doable and was told yes. I gave them a time and asked if it was doable. "Yes, shouldn't be an issue." I get there at the time I said I would be only to find out that the bread I ordered just went in the oven. "you're here too early." Excuse me? "I said I would be here between 2 and 3, it is now 2:40." Sorry, but you;ll have to wait or do something else and come back. First off there is "nothing to do" where this bakery is located and second I don't need to do anything is the supposed 20 minutes I have to wait. 40 minutes later my bread is ready. We've given you a discount for the wait time. OK, I'm starting to calm down. Your total for 4 loaves of bread at $5.25 each is $34.00. I don't know about anybody else, but that's not a discount. Mind you I was told the price in advance and that was the price on the menu board. "Oh, we've raised our price and haven't had time to change it on the board." Again, REALLY!?! It's a black board! How long does it take to wipe of the old price and write the new one.

As a side note the "dining" area was not very clean. I sat at a table with crumbs all over it. I wouldn't even have noticed if my order was ready when it was supposed to be done.

Date of visit: December 2015
Reviewed December 15, 2015

They have been in business for many years. They make a great bee hive everyone loves it. I Order the bee hive for all my dinner parties.

Date of visit: December 2015