“Yummy!”

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Davis Street
Reviewed May 14, 2012

We went here on our 3rd night in Santa Rosa and it was the best meal we had during our trip. We were very impressed with our food. We felt the starter size portions were a bit large, and we had to force ourselves to finish it all, it was too good to leave it ;). Service was excellent. We didn't have to wait long for our wine glasses to be refilled and our food arrived very timely. My husband had the Hanger Steak and I had the Farro. Both dishes came out excellent. Mine was done in a risotto style and it was really yummy. I was really impressed. Yes we would go back and yes I would recommend. We were not disappointed in the least.

1  Thank Manateegirl
There are newer reviews for Syrah Bistro

Reviewed May 10, 2012

My partner and I dined here twice during our stay in Santa Rosa in Sept. '11.

Lovely little restaurant, service is friendly and attentive and atmosphere is relaxed. Food was delicious and great selection of wine. Perhaps a little expensive although you get what you pay for (and absolutely no chance I'd get food at home in the UK of this standard for the same price!).

If we are ever back in Santa Rosa we would definitely ve visiting Petite Syrah again!

1  Thank iiisecondcreep
Reviewed March 16, 2012

My wife and I recently visited Santa Rosa. On our final night, we wanted to find some place nice to eat, but not a place that would charge us an arm and a leg, have mediocre food and a poor atmosphere. We hit the jackpot with Petite Syrah. Out of this world dishes that range from small to medium, reasonable menu prices for being in California and an elegant dinning atmosphere. You can't go wrong here.

3  Thank AC4003
Reviewed March 16, 2012

I'll keep this brief. I used to visit this restaurant every six months our so and it used to be fantastic. Now with a switch to small and medium plates it its simply too expensive and the food quality has slipped somewhat. I won't be back.

1  Thank pentupfury
Reviewed March 7, 2012

we read so much about this restaurant, and wanted to love it. Ate at "Jackson's", his other place the night before and it was fantastic. There were 4 of us. One of four dinners was spectacular. Others were just okay. 2 people ordered salmon and it was very fishy tasting - I almost ordered it and glad I didn't or it would have ruined me for salmon for some time to come. They were not busy that night (was a Thursday). We were visiting from Washington state and made the reservation a month in advance. Every year we head down to Sonoma/Napa (going again soon) and always enjoy researching our one great dinner out (have been to John Ash, General's Daughter, others, and have always been so good) This is the only disappointing meal I've had on any of our annual trips. We will definitely go back to Jackson's this year, but our one great dinner out won't be at Syrah.

1  Thank Nancy58775