“Three Squares Shuttered”
Review of Three Squares Cafe - CLOSED

Three Squares Cafe
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Brunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Santa Rosa, California
“Three Squares Shuttered”
Reviewed October 10, 2013

Enjoyed the simple cuisine and great waitstaff, but, sadly, this place is no more. Hopefully the space will be used in the near future so we will have another dining choice in Railroad Square.

• Visited September 2013

Indian Shores, Florida
“Great for breakfast”
Reviewed September 18, 2013

We decided on breakfast here prior to our drive through Napa. I got the 2 eggs, pork sausage and potatoes. Sounds ordinary but the sausage was good and the potatoes were delicious. It came with an English muffin and homemade jam. My husband just ordered 2 eggs and ended up with potatoes as well which he was charged for. He asked them to take it off which they did. The coffee was good. The service very friendly.

• Visited September 2013
Santa Monica, California
“Excellant!”
Reviewed July 30, 2013

Breakfast here was extraodinary! It was so good we went back twice. Nice quiet atmosphere with quick service and prices are on par with other restaurants in the area. Menu items are all good, but be sure to ask about the specials that aren't listed as they are worth trying, especially the breakfast burrito. Would definetly recommend for couples, families, or even just to grab some coffee and relax.

Reno, Nevada
“Great breakfast and no wait on a Saturday morning”
Reviewed July 20, 2013

My son said we should have breakfast at Omelette Express, but apparently the word is out in Santa Rosa that OE is the only place to have Saturday breakfast in Railroad Square. Well I'm here to tell ya it just ain't so. I don't think there are any restaurants so good that I'll stand outside on the sidewalk and wait for 45 minutes. There were 12 people on the sidewalk.

My wife and I had a wonderful and very tasty breakfast this morning at Three Squares Cafe. Funny, but we both wanted the same two things, Lobster Eggs Benedict and Corned Beef Hash, so we shared them at the table (not split in the kitchen). I won't order CB hash unless it's made in their kitchen, which the server assured me that it was. I obviously can't be sure, but I really doubt it came out of a package, and the eggs were poached to perfection ($12.75). The lobster eggs benedict ($19.75) (usually just a weekend special), and the lobster was tender (said to be fresh) and a generous portion. OK the lobster Benedict was a little spendy for breakfast, but it didn't disappoint. Again, eggs poached perfectly, no overcooked yolk and not dripping wet.

Next time I'll try the banana bread French Toast with "genuine Vermont maple syrup" - $9.95 or a Build your own omelette - $11.75.

Contrary to previous reviews, the staff was timely and efficient. Both orders came to the table as expected, no exceptions. We were in and out in less than 40 minutes.

Here's a tip, don't bother waiting 45 minutes for Omelette Express, try THREE SQUARES CAFE.

1 Thank RGS_13
“Surprisingly good”
Reviewed July 19, 2013

My wife and I went there for breakfast on a weekday on the recommendation of a local bed and breakfast and are glad we did. We had reservations, but they were not needed as the place was all but empty. I had the smoked trout and my wife had a vegetable bowl with a poached egg, and we both liked our dishes. The wait staff was very friendly and the food was very worth the money paid. If we were going to be staying in Santa Rosa another night, we would have gone back for breakfast the next morning.

The atmosphere is better than a diner, but not that of a restaurant. The view out the window is more of a cityscape than anything else, so there is really not much to see. But, overall, the food was good, the service was good and we would go back again.

1 Thank 4cortinas