Three Squares Cafe
Cuisines: American
Reviewed November 6, 2012

I loved this place. The food is great and absolutely fresh. They are open Tues - Sun for breakfast lunch and dinner. While visiting family in Santa Rosa, we dined there twice. I had lentil soup, very tasty and NOT hot spicy! I also had the caesar salad,simply presented with the freshest lettuce. On another night I had the roasted spiced chickpeas starter, delicious and not too big a serving so you don't ruin your dinner. My entree was the clam linguine which was excellent. They keep the excellent bread basket full on your table and have great advice on which wines may go with your meal. For dessert they have such good home made deep dish pies. I tried the blueberry, and the blackberry.. both with home made buttermilk ice cream. SO good. They have a really good looking square meal menu for dinner as well. It is a good value as it includes soup or salad, and home made ice cream for $20-$28. I shall try that next trip. The only small problem was a blinding afternoon at one table. The tables in the corridor are nice and cozy and a little bit quieter as well.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

We were dashing from the Redwoods in north California on our way to an evening flight out of San Francisco, and stopped for a fast lunch in Santa Rosa. This little place was right off the freeway, and had plenty of parking right across the street. We got Sparkling water with lime as we were sitting down. The room was friendly, the servants knowledgeable and reliable. The food! Ahhh, I had to copy the salad I ate and make it at home!! yyummmm! Back on the freeway with time to spare. Will definitely go back when in that state!

Reviewed November 5, 2012

For those of you that know the area, you know this specific restaurant space has been a handful over different restaurants over the years. Three squares, however, is the best one so far. The food tastes very good and fresh and the staff is very friendly. We have been there two times, both times with children under 3, and the staff was very accommodating. They have high chairs, booster seats and provide a small children’s plate of celery w/ peanut butter, apple slices, grapes and cheese.

Also while the menu is not very large, it has a good variety and the daily specials are superb. Prices are reasonable and they offer half portions so it’s a great way to try a couple of items without having to split a meal or share. Another great restaurant in the area. By the way, the calamari salad is great.