“Good food for the whole family”
Review of Chevys Fresh Mex

Chevys Fresh Mex
Ranked #86 of 567 Restaurants in Santa Rosa
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Reservations
Description: When we think Chevys Fresh Mex, we go to our happy place; fun-lovin’ guests, fajitas & margaritas, and the freshest food, always from scratch. Founded in 1986 in Alameda, California, Chevys is an ultra-casual restaurant concept that offers guests an array of freshly prepared Mexican dishes in a relaxing atmosphere. Similar to other Real Mex restaurants, Chevys prepares its dishes daily from scratch using only the freshest ingredients. Chevys is a national brand with locations in 8 states. Chevys' store base includes 39 Company-owned restaurant locations and 16 franchised restaurants. With more than 25 years of successful operations, Chevys is the most widely recognized Mexican casual dining brand in northern California, and is the second largest Mexican casual dining brand in California in terms of number of restaurants, behind El Torito. Designed to offer a fiesta for the senses, where every experience is fresh, fun and full of flavor, the concept is focused on the execution of its trend-setting Fresh Mex® menu and continuous innovation. Chevys uses a "Fresh Mex®" pledge which underscores the Company's promise that all products are made daily from scratch.
Reviewed November 19, 2013

We went there,the hostess smiled and greeted us,took our name and asked us to wait.
20 minutes later we sat down and ordered some good food.
It was good.

Reviewed October 18, 2013

We had the best meal after spending the day riding bikes. The veggie fajita's were awesome! The salsa was fresh and replenished often by our server. The wait staff was attentive without being intrusive.

Reviewed September 21, 2013

Food is good and predictable. Service the day we went and sat outdoors was really good. Service was timely. Water glasses refilled. Check brought on time without asking. Bill not a shocker. +.

Reviewed August 24, 2013

We stayed at the Hyatt-Vineyard just across the street, so we walked over to try it. My husband had carnitas taco and I ordered their Mexican chopped salad. There was a dressing I hadn't ever tried;apple chipotle dressing. It was SO good. We went back a couple of days later and I ate that same salad. My husband said both the meals he had there were very good. Wish there was a Chevy's near us.

Reviewed August 22, 2013

Basically a chain Mexican food restaurant, it was good for what it is. Service was quick, and the food reasonably good. Not a place I would want to take a date for example, but for quickly served reasonably tasty food, not a bad choice.

The one caveat is I was there only once. Whether the quick service I received is characteristic of the place (I kind of expected slow service for some reason and was surprised it was quick), or just the result of luck is something I cannot speak to.