“Ok place”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed August 17, 2018 via mobile

We got there about 7PM on a Thursday. Super busy. We had to wait a few minutes to be seated.

Our server was nice. Stretched a bit thin, but for the most part, was on everything. Tables and floors were clean. Bathrooms were out of everything, and trash on the floors. I told the manager, who was very appreciative.

I ordered a peach tea, which was very bland. Tasted like water with a hint of something, that didn't have a peach taste. Hubby got a root beer.

We got the full rack of ribs. They were delicious! A good amount of meat. Great flavor. Very little fat. It came with 2 sides. We upgraded to a loaded baked potato. It was OK. And we got asparagus, which was dried and shriveled, and inedible. Also came with a house salad. The ranch was good.

We got an order of cheese curds. Yummy! They use mozzarella. So they are basically mozzarella sticks turned into nuggets. But good.

We also got crispy artichokes. It's deep fried hearts, that are delicious. They come with an amazing dipping sauce.

It was an ok meal. Nothing amazing. But good.

Date of visit: August 2018
1  Thank healonwifey

Reviewed August 10, 2018 via mobile

I am not kidding! This is the best BJ’s in Northern California. For those of you who already patronize BJ’s in the Bay Area, this one is tops! Not only is the food better prepared and delicious, but Jorda manages a great staff. Senay took our orders and served our food excellently. I could tell the other servers were hustling just as well. Well worth a stop.

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed July 1, 2018 via mobile

Three of us of different generations had lunch here and all three meals were exactly what we hoped they would taste like. This was very surprising and we were happy we had chosen this place. The service was good but the food was better than we had hoped. Will definitely go back to any BJ's if we ever see another one in our travels.

Date of visit: June 2018
1  Thank Notreallypleased1
Reviewed June 9, 2018

Hubby and I used to think of the Coddingtown BJ's now and then when we wanted a place to eat, and we've had some nice meals there in the past. Not anymore. We've eaten there twice in the past month, and the degree to which this restaurant has deteriorated is appalling. The first time we stopped by in the early evening: the restaurant was all but empty, and we were greeted by a hostess that told us there was a wait for a table. We told her we'd stopped only for drinks and maybe an appetizer and asked if there was room to be seated in the bar area. As she walked us past the empty tables she apologized for not being able to seat us for a meal, saying that they didn't have enough wait staff that evening available to serve food. We had decent drinks and shared a nice (and expensive) appetizer; that was it.

Hubby and I thought perhaps that visit was a total fluke in terms of staff, so we decided to try BJ's again for a weekday lunch. O.M.G: once again, we were greeted by a hostess that said there would be a wait to be seated in an almost empty restaurant. I'm in a wheelchair so we couldn't be seated in a booth...and after about 10 minutes we were finally seated at a table in the far back corner of the restaurant, behind around a dozen vacant tables. BJ's has a large, plasticized menu - the menu I was first handed was so filthy I couldn't get the pages apart. We finally ordered and our drinks - ice water and iced tea - arrived after about 5 minutes. More people were seated around us. After 15 minutes wait time, a waiter delivered my soup, apologizing left and right because he wasn't wearing his "uniform" but hadn't had time to change out of his street clothes yet. The soup had sloshed all over the wide rim of the bowl, but OK; I sat there waiting for Hubby's burger (which happened to be the day's special) to be served so we could start eating. We waited...and waited...and waited: after 20 more minutes, we finally caught our waitres's attention and asked where the rest of our order was. She told us the kitchen was still working on it. She offered to take away my then-cold soup. I gave it to her asking "Why is it taking so long?" as Hubby asked "why would you go ahead and serve her soup at 20 minutes early?" The waitress responded to him, not me, saying "um...because the soup is already made and all we have to do to serve it is heat it up." HUH?? We continued sitting at our now empty table, waiting for our lunches: a man who acted like the floor manager walked by us many times, even made eye contact, but never did anything to help. Finally, one of the other waiters stopped by our table and said "you've been sitting here quite a long time...I'm going to check with the kitchen myself and see what's wrong." More time passed, and we were finally served lunch, together, almost 35 minutes AFTER I'd been served my first bowl of soup. Plus, not only was the service horendous, but neither of us thought the quality of the food was worth the price.

We will NOT be visiting BJ's again!

TIPS FOR WHEELCHAIR GUESTS: It appears that the restrooms, at least the women's room, were remodeled recently. Unfortunately, the men's and women's rooms are directly across from each other at the far end of a narrow hall: there's not enough room to turn a wheelchair to face either door by yourself. Plus, the doors want to automatically close the minute you open them, meaning you have to figure out how to hold the door open while turning both wheels to go forward. Same problem with the disabled stall: it's at the far end of the restroom, the door opens inward then wants to automatically close, and there's not enough room to position a chair properly to use the facility. There's also NO trash can in the disabled stall...tell me, who builds a disabled + diaper changing stall without a trash can??

The same kind of problem exists both entering and leaving the restaurant itself: I had to hold the only "disabled use" door open as hubby pushed my chair in and back out. ARG.

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed May 30, 2018

Interior design is quite nicely decorated. You can sit for a party as small as two or large group seating. Sports theme with tv's all over the walls. Loud atmosphere. Food did not wow us and I would describe as typical although menu is served in what is like a small bible. Quite a large selection. Service is not great. Either they are understaffed or it's island time mentality. Wouldn't go back.

Date of visit: May 2018