“Closed--but a better one replaces it!”
Review of China Room - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
China Room
Cuisines: Chinese
Description: zip code 95409/yahoo.com (4) - insiderpages.com (2) - citysearch.com (3) have reviews for this place.Please add: Trip Advisor is best. :)
Reviewed July 3, 2014

This was a good restaurant that closed seemingly overnight. The China Garden restaurant has replaced it with a warm staff, excellent food & portions & even better atmosphere. Try the new one, you won't be disappointed!

Reviewed March 22, 2013

We loved this Chinese restaurant but they must have changed ownership or got a new cook because it isn't what it used to be. We have yet to find another to replace it.

Reviewed December 20, 2012

Always have had excellent food. Service is good. They will fix anything you ask and if for some reason you order something you do not like, they take it off the bill and offer another item. I tried something I was not sure of and had octopus .... really nice about it.

Reviewed October 3, 2012

Food was excellent; reasonably priced. We had brocolli beef,
orange chicken, fried rice, potstickers and won ton soup.

Reviewed May 13, 2012

8 May 2012 - I, from White Mtns NH; He: from Big Island HI - Found this place in a local North Bay (CA) newspaper's "Best of 2012" list with an 'Honorable Mention'. They tout: organic free-range chicken, no MSG, fresh ingredients; we expected prices, therefore, to be a bit higher, and accepted that when we chose to go there to order take-out for dining in our hotel room. We were hugely DISAPPOINTED in the food and will never go back!! The young woman at the counter was delightful: friendly and efficient. All I can say is that it must have been Chef's Night OFF because the food was AWFUL: Here's what we ordered, and our comments:
Mixed Appetizer/PoPo Platter: 2 spareribs-waay overdone and dry; 2 'something' wrapped in foil, which was stuck to the burnt-inside foil and fell apart; 2 dripping-with-grease egg rolls; 2 overdone, dry, 'jumbo' fried shrimp; 2 nicely-crisp fried chicken wings, but cooked 'til dry. Next, our main dishes:
lamb and mushrooms with garlic sauce: mushrooms were plentiful, lamb was sparse-the whole dish was too salty to eat; eggplant with fresh basil and spicy garlic was OK-He thought 'tasteless'; I thought it was OK, but not very exciting. We opted for the pint of 'organic brown rice and wild rice': there was one grain of 'wild' for every 3000 white. (well, I didn't actually count.. but you get the idea.) I thought this rice was delicious, but overpriced since there was little-to-no 'wild' in it. If this meal had been brought to our table, we would have courteously sent it back to the kitchen; since it was take-out and we drove a distance to our hotel, and were hungry!, we did not turn around to go back. Instead, we thought we'd share our experience on TripAdvisor, for which I registered and did my first review ever.

1  Thank Dulcie L H