“Outstanding wine and food pairing”

St. Francis Winery and Vineyards
Ranked #3 of 96 things to do in Santa Rosa
More attraction details
Owner description: Award-Winning Wine | Wine & Food Pairings | Weddings | Private Events For more than four decades, St. Francis Winery & Vineyards has hand-crafted fruit forward, luscious and full-bodied wines from the superior mountain and valley vineyards in Sonoma County's best appellations.
Alert, Canada
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Outstanding wine and food pairing”
Reviewed July 21, 2014

St Francis is one of my favourite California wine and had a chance to come to Sonoma to check them out. I was really glad I did because the food here was amazing. Yes the food, that's very different from many other wineries around. St Francis had a chef, not just a kitchen.

The $30 cost to enjoy charcuterie on the patio was priceless on a beautiful day and scenery. Nick the host did a great job in explaining about the wine. I always drank the cab from St Francis reserve, however, it was not the season yet. So i sampled a few including the 2011 Syrah. I never thought I was a fan of Syrah but I really enjoyed and liked it and bought a bottle.

If you are looking for a winery with sophisticated food and want to relax and enjoy the experience and pay for it (rather than hitting many wineries for free wine), then this is the place for you. I can't wait to go back with my family to try the sit down dinner!

Visited July 2014

Alexandria
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Food pairings are a great deal!”
Reviewed July 15, 2014 via mobile

We visited St. Francis today for the food and wine pairing. What an incredible deal for $30. The wines were all wonderful and the food was top notch. Our server was Carol, who was friendly, not pretentious, and informative without being over-bearing. She gave us space to enjoy our wine and food, while also attending to anything we needed. We all walked out with wine and in agreement this was one of our favorite stops. Definitely a worth while stop for anyone in the area!

1 Thank vatwinmom
Kansas
31 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 33 helpful votes
“Our first stop on the Sonoma Valley wine trail”
Reviewed June 24, 2014

I chose a 'destination' winery as our first stop on the trail. I wanted a beautiful winery, something that would allow us to relax and just enjoy the beauty of the area. St. Francis exceeded my expectations. I wasn't expecting the wine to be as good, but it also exceeded my expectations. We did not do the food pairing, but that seemed to be the thing to do as well. Just a great time and a wonderful tasting expert to help us. Joined the wine club.

Visited June 2014
4 Thank BlakeHeid
Houston, Texas
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“Book a reservation for the Food and Wine Pairing...”
Reviewed June 16, 2014

...There are so many things to do in Wine Country. Where do you start? And, with so many opinions, it can be hard to wade through all the reviews.

If you do anything in Sonoma County at all, make sure you have time for a Wine & Food Pairing at St. Francis. Without a doubt, this is the best Wine & Food Pairing I've ever experienced.

At the end, they offer a great discount on any of their wines.

Visited June 2014
3 Thank joshua15
Des Moines, Iowa
22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Excellent food and wine pairing meal.”
Reviewed June 9, 2014

We are members of St. Francis Wine Club and we enjoyed our last food and wine pairing so much, that it was at the top of our list on this trip. We were not disappointed! We had wonderful wines paired with gourmet foods over five courses. One of the best things we did on our trip this time and last.

Visited May 2014