“A stop for those who like red wine”

St. Francis Winery and Vineyards
Ranked #3 of 88 things to do in Santa Rosa
More attraction details
Owner description: Award-Winning Wine | Wine & Food Pairings | Weddings | Private Events For more than four decades, St. Francis Winery & Vineyards has hand-crafted fruit forward, luscious and full-bodied wines from the superior mountain and valley vineyards in Sonoma County's best appellations.
Tennessee
123 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 442 helpful votes
“A stop for those who like red wine”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 14, 2012

I found most wineries in Sonoma to be quite attractive inside and out but I think one was a step above on the outside. There was also a very friendly guy serving to customers to a huge serving room. They did not have any sweet wines but he wanted me to taste one of their best reds. I wasn’t big on it but it was kind anyway. They have a nice gift shop here with some great soap.

San Fran
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Large tasting room”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2012

This is a great wine and the winery is all about the business.
Lots of area to move around and great items to buy in their shopping area. Fun to browse!

Visited September 2012
Olmsted Falls
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Weekly Outdoor Movie Night”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2012

I hope you are in the Santa Rosa area long enough in the summertime to go to the Outdoor Movie Night at the St. Francis Winery. You'll find information at their website regarding day & time. We stopped at a grocery store and bought some appetizers, brought a blanket to sit on and enjoyed some wonderful St. Francis wine. The movie was okay, but just sitting outside near their back patio, enjoying the food, wine, scenery & the music by a local band was just a great way to end the day! (band was not loud, just nice background music while we chatted & sipped on wine) When we each bought a glass of wine that night, the glass was a souvenir. You could do some tasting and wander their gift area - just a fun evening all around

1 Thank Cleveland_OHOnthego
Raleigh, North Carolina
54 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 55 helpful votes
“Beautiful Location!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2012

There are many beautiful spots throughout Sonoma wine country, but where St. Francis is located it might be the most beautiful. The building and grounds that St. Francis sit on are just short of perfect! The backdrop of the mountains with the vines in the backyard really make for a really nice atmosphere. The folks behind the counter at the wine bar are very knowledgeable and entertaining, and it also doesn’t hurt that they may pour you a few more wines that aren’t on the list if you treat them nicely.

Visited September 2011
San Francisco
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Unprofessional and very disappointing”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2012

6 weeks ago I began planning a 30th birthday party for my wife. We invited a total of 13 people and booked 2 additional tastes at neighboring wineries and rented a private bus to bring us to each venue. Since the booking I have been in frequent contact with the lady that handles their reservations.

Unfortunately we hit a little race day traffic on highway 37 and were held up a little more at the first winery we visited. Once I realized we were running a few minutes behind I emailed the lady at reservations and called the winery directly. I spoke with the manager on duty who very rudely told me "well if you are not here at 1.10 we are canceling your reservation and charging you $20 per person".... Please bear in mind that at this point we were not late and it was 11:50AM. We rushed through our first tasting to get to their location as quickly as possible. We were done and on the road by 12:40 at which point I called again. I received a similar response at that point from the same lady which basically amounted to "tough luck". If we were unable to be there by 1:10 they would be unwilling to seat us.

Needless to say at this point all enjoyment I had for the day washed away and all I was left with was the concern that my wife's birthday would be ruined because of a rude, inflexible and unhelpful business. We arrived there at 1:17PM. I immediately ran in and asked for the lady I had spoken with. When I introduced myself her response was "sorry, its after 1:10 so we went ahead without you". Out of desperation I offered to skip the first course (still paying full price) and just join where the 2 people they had seated were, this was refused. I offered to do the 3 courses in the tasting room or out on the patio where there was plenty of room and again she declined. Finally I asked if there was any one else I could speak with and she said she was the most senior person there so no. She finally agreed to ask the chef (not sure why I had to beg for 10 minutes to get this...) and he refused to help us. I went down to speak with him and he proceeded to feed a stream of excuses. Originally he said the tasting would take too long and overlap with the next tasting at 3 however the currently seated pair were on the 3rd course when we arrived at 1:17pm. He then said that the food was not prepped (even though an over enthusiastic employee of theirs confronted my wife and her friends as they were waiting outside to let them know you would be charging them $20 each for the prepped food they could not use). I repeated my offer to sit outside and skip courses and was blankly refused. Alternatively I offered to have our group seated at your next sitting at 3PM. This offer was refused. At this point it was apparent their business had no desire to make any attempt to honor my reservation.I reached out to a neighboring winery, Kenwood, and we left their establishment for theirs where they were very happy to have our business.

This winery clearly does not value their customers, they do not care about your days experiences and the unprofessional people working there are clearly more preoccupied with getting out of doing a days work rather than host people interested in coming to their winery.

5 Thank tim150978