“Veg/vegan buffet for a non veg/vegan eater”
Review of Gaia's Garden

Gaia's Garden
Ranked #85 of 549 Restaurants in Santa Rosa
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Buffet, Takeout
Description: International plant-based buffet, vegan-friendly, gluten-free options. Full buffet or smaller plate options. Sandwiches to order: portabella burger, banh mi, grilled cheese and spring rolls. Vegan and gluten-free brunch Saturdays and Sundays, 11:30-3:30 p.m. Live music, literary salon and open mic, vocal open mic, art, community events.
Reviewed August 4, 2014

My wife is vegan and I am not even a vegetarian. This was a wonderful spot with a great all you can eat dinner buffet...I was even happy with the varied selections. I loved it.

Reviewed June 27, 2014

Not only was nearly everything vegan and gluten-free, but the greens and potatoes were organic, and it was great! I was also pleased that the food seemed low in oil and salt. However, there are many condiments and add-it-yourself seasoning options for those who like their food heavily flavored!

I was just a little disappointed that the lasagna had cheese on it, as it was the heartiest option there, and could've been made vegan by using cashew cheese, or daiya cheese and vegan nutritional yeast. "Rawmesan" makes a good vegan parmesan cheese.

But besides that, it was the best all-you-can eat restaurant I have ever been to, considering how truly HEALTHY the food options were.

1  Thank Erin J
Reviewed June 14, 2014

Fiber load for sure. The 4 of us had the buffet. Nice way to try something you might not otherwise. The Chai tea wasn't so good and someone had forgot to brew the iced tea..... The soups were quite good as were the rest of the choices. Very filling. Good experience out of our comfort zone. As a dental person the anti fluoride poster on the front door rubbed me the wrong way.

Reviewed January 23, 2014 via mobile

I enjoyed the buffet here. Owner operator was a cool guy, the process a bit odd but once we got it explained to us, we had it worked out. Casual atmosphere, there may have been live music at some point, it never really started. Location was convenient, parking okay. Food was excellent, varied and interesting. Will come here again.

Reviewed August 22, 2013

Decent casual place with fresh healthy vegetarian fare at a reasonable price. Buffet style lots of salad options, plus soups and a couple of entrees.