“Southern Sweet”

Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Fountaingrove Parkway
Transit: City bus stop
Reviewed May 28, 2014

Great local spot a bit off the beaten path but very popular with folks who live close and those who don't. Great bar they are Giants fans and good wine selection. My favorite is the creamed corm with tomatoes Yum. People rave about the fired chicken too

1  Thank Lucy A

Reviewed May 26, 2014

Found this one courtesy of Trip Advisor! Looooooove the food here. Worth the short drive from the 101. Their pulled pork nachos are TO.DIE.FOR and while I never would have normally ordered, saw the next table get them and we were not disappointed! Followed by fried chicken and I had their salmon. Dessert? Save room as this is THE BEST PART if there has to be one! Mississippi Mud pie is mouth watering and their Red Velvet cake goes down a treat! They don't need reservations however on a Friday or Sat you might want to go ahead and make one to ensure you will get in.... reasonable prices and you walk away full. Casual atmosphere....no stilettos or Ties needed. Shorts and a t shirt are acceptable if it is hot. Southern comfort foods. Try it. You will pass this recommendation to someone you love once you do.

1  Thank Gooters
Reviewed May 25, 2014

I went there for the first time last night with a girlfriend; the hostess and the men who brought us our drinks were really nice. The food itself wasn't horrible, we had brisket and ribs with smashed potatoes and macaroni and cheese. The macaroni was rather mundane and the brisket was definitely very dry, but the ribs and even the bbq sauce was very good. The issue lies though with our server; I ordered a drink called the French Kiss, which was very good. Less than half way through my drink the server walked by and to my surprise a bug had landed in my drink and she was the first to bring it to our attention, but rather than asking if I would like it remade or if I would like something else, she just mentioned the bug and walked off. What kind of server does this? I too am a server and if anything is at all wrong with the food or drinks I ALWAYS make sure to correct the situation, which clearly this server did not. She even went on to have the audacity to say, "Well you are sitting outside and that is a sweet drink, so bugs tend to fly in them." REALLY?!?! With this kind of behavior and lack of hospitality, I will not be returning to Sweet T's anytime soon.

Reviewed April 27, 2014

The ribs were dry, the slaw was bland, and the greens were oddly sweet.

Our drinks were good, the mashed potatoes were tasty, and my son said the burger was "amazing". My wife and daughter enjoyed the mac and cheese.

Reviewed April 24, 2014 via mobile

Food is delicious, portions generous, the staff are very friendly and courteous. So glad we ate there; everthing was great.