“Delicious Food”

Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Fountaingrove Parkway
Transit: City bus stop
Reviewed April 10, 2014

My husband and I ate here for dinner one night while staying in Santa Rosa for vacation. We were looking forward to some southern food and this restaurant did not disappoint. The menu had a number of appealing options and my husband chose the shrimp and grits and I chose the blackened catfish which came with macaroni and cheese and greens. I really enjoyed my dish. I love greens and they were cooked so well, slightly tangy. I don't recall the sauce they were cooked in. I also am a big fan of mac-n-cheese, this dish was very good as well. The portion of catfish was quite large, almost more than I could eat as there were two good sized pieces. The fish was tender, spicy, quite tasty. My husband raved about his shrimp and grits and I had a few tastes as well. A delicious dish, I forgot how good grits could be and the combination of ingredients went together so well. My husband was still talking about this dish a few times the next day. For an appetizer we had a basket of the fried okra, as we are fans of the vegetable. They were also cooked very well and we had no problem polishing them off. Our food came fairly quickly. I noted that the table next to us did not fare as well. Their order was quite delayed and a manager and the waitress were at their table several times apologizing for the wait. For dessert I ordered the key lime pie, a dessert I can't resist, but I have to admit it was very difficult to decide from the offerings, several of which are my favorites such as carrot cake, red velvet cake, pecan pie, sweet potatoe bread pudding, mud pie and I think cheesecake. My husband had the mud pie; coffee flavored ice cream in a chocolate cookie crust topped with chocolate, caramel syrup and whipped cream. His dessert was quite large and very good. I loved the key lime pie which was topped with a generous dollop of whipped cream. I am a big fan of whipped cream and there was plenty of it on this pie. Our server was a very pleasant young woman but the service seemed rather uneven. There were times we did not see her for awhile and our drinks were not filled up as often as we liked. Seating is both inside and outside as well as near the bar area. I would probably give the restaurant 4-1/2 stars if I could based on the combination of food and service, but 5 stars for the food. I wish we lived closer so we could visit here more often and try some of their other dishes!

Reviewed April 7, 2014 via mobile

Such a cool little place. Southern cooking with a modern classy feel! Happy hour Sunday- Thursday from 3-6 is such a great deal!! The pulled pork nachos are a must!!!! Pretty good hush puppies too :)

Reviewed March 26, 2014

I just went for the happy hour, a birthday celebration for a co-worker. The horderves were very tasty and the drinks good. The service very nice and considerate if just a little slow. I would be happy to go back there and will soon.

1  Thank lovesweims
Reviewed March 14, 2014

This is Restaurant Week in Sonoma county and a good opportunity to visit old favorites and discover new favorites – Sweet T’s is one of my new favorites.

My wife and I visited on Wednesday 12 March a little after 6PM. The place was already nearly full and we lucked out and were seated at one of the few remaining tables. There is some outdoor seating and I would suggest you opt for sitting outside, weather permitting, as the noise level is very high inside the restaurant.

I was surprised at the décor of Sweet T’s – more of an upscale restaurant then a BBQ joint. There is a large bar area and additional counter seating overlooking the open kitchen – these are options for those without reservations – or good fortune.

We ordered from the $29 prix fixe special Restaurant Week menu. We started with Caesar Salads – these were heavy on the garlic - and both ordered the Smoker Combo – my wife opted for the brisket & ribs and I took the brisket and pulled pork. When our plates arrived we were impressed by the amount of food. In addition to our ample meat selections, there were a good size servings of coleslaw and potato salad – both were very tasty – with a biscuit. My meat combo was also served with two styles of BBQ sauce – their standard sauce for the brisket and a mustard-based spicy sauce that was perfect with the brisket. For the pulled pork there was a vinegar sauce that added to the already moist and delicious pulled pork. My portion of pulled pork included some burnt outer pieces – so once again Lady Luck smiled on me.

I managed to finish my plate, but was stuffed. My wife took the more honorable box to go option – with half her brisket, most of her potato salad and both of our biscuits.

We ordered our desserts to go – my wife opted for the Mississippi Mud Pie and I ordered the Sweet Potato Bread Pudding sans a la mode. We enjoyed these sweet treats hours after arriving home.

Service was quite good, especially considering the restaurant was packed.

I will return to Sweet T’s to sample more of their varied menu, with my focus on their BBQ – this is a recommend restaurant.

Reviewed March 5, 2014 via mobile

See my review Sept 2012. This time, evening with full crowd. Reservation got us seated immediately, ahead of dozens waiting.

Menu was broad and choices were hard. The appetiser sprouts were way too peppered, but beautifully cooked, nice aoli.

I had big pork chop with onion marmalade and cheese grits- all powerfully rich. Ms Florida had shrimp and grits and loved it. I tasted and thought it too ham-salty.

Great service, Nancy. Good wine choices and recommendations. The Ramzotti red blend is the best dinner wine I have ever tried. (Arranged to visit their tasting room in geyserville next day)

Lime pie was decent. In all, this remains a destination reataurant, a magnet for us southerners.

Thanks Anne.