“Just Happy Hour”

Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Fountaingrove Parkway
Transit: City bus stop
Reviewed March 26, 2014

I just went for the happy hour, a birthday celebration for a co-worker. The horderves were very tasty and the drinks good. The service very nice and considerate if just a little slow. I would be happy to go back there and will soon.

1  Thank lovesweims

Reviewed March 14, 2014

This is Restaurant Week in Sonoma county and a good opportunity to visit old favorites and discover new favorites – Sweet T’s is one of my new favorites.

My wife and I visited on Wednesday 12 March a little after 6PM. The place was already nearly full and we lucked out and were seated at one of the few remaining tables. There is some outdoor seating and I would suggest you opt for sitting outside, weather permitting, as the noise level is very high inside the restaurant.

I was surprised at the décor of Sweet T’s – more of an upscale restaurant then a BBQ joint. There is a large bar area and additional counter seating overlooking the open kitchen – these are options for those without reservations – or good fortune.

We ordered from the $29 prix fixe special Restaurant Week menu. We started with Caesar Salads – these were heavy on the garlic - and both ordered the Smoker Combo – my wife opted for the brisket & ribs and I took the brisket and pulled pork. When our plates arrived we were impressed by the amount of food. In addition to our ample meat selections, there were a good size servings of coleslaw and potato salad – both were very tasty – with a biscuit. My meat combo was also served with two styles of BBQ sauce – their standard sauce for the brisket and a mustard-based spicy sauce that was perfect with the brisket. For the pulled pork there was a vinegar sauce that added to the already moist and delicious pulled pork. My portion of pulled pork included some burnt outer pieces – so once again Lady Luck smiled on me.

I managed to finish my plate, but was stuffed. My wife took the more honorable box to go option – with half her brisket, most of her potato salad and both of our biscuits.

We ordered our desserts to go – my wife opted for the Mississippi Mud Pie and I ordered the Sweet Potato Bread Pudding sans a la mode. We enjoyed these sweet treats hours after arriving home.

Service was quite good, especially considering the restaurant was packed.

I will return to Sweet T’s to sample more of their varied menu, with my focus on their BBQ – this is a recommend restaurant.

Reviewed March 5, 2014 via mobile

See my review Sept 2012. This time, evening with full crowd. Reservation got us seated immediately, ahead of dozens waiting.

Menu was broad and choices were hard. The appetiser sprouts were way too peppered, but beautifully cooked, nice aoli.

I had big pork chop with onion marmalade and cheese grits- all powerfully rich. Ms Florida had shrimp and grits and loved it. I tasted and thought it too ham-salty.

Great service, Nancy. Good wine choices and recommendations. The Ramzotti red blend is the best dinner wine I have ever tried. (Arranged to visit their tasting room in geyserville next day)

Lime pie was decent. In all, this remains a destination reataurant, a magnet for us southerners.

Thanks Anne.

Reviewed March 5, 2014

Just had lunch at Sweet T"s, they are a southern food style restaurant, I had the pulled pork sandwich and french fries, my husband had the brisket sandwich and french fries, both had great flavor, they smoke their own meat. We also shared a slice of key lime pie I was so glad we only got one piece it was a super large slice and tasted really good, my husband enjoyed his cappuccino I found mine to be just a little on the strong side. Our server Chris did a great job.

Reviewed February 19, 2014

We've long wanted to eat here, but it's always been so busy. But tonight we went early and got seated right away. The hostess was nice and so was the server. And service was prompt. That's the good news. The bad news was the food. I had an apple salad which consisted of a handful of mixed greens from Costco, topped with a couple of stale candied pecans and three chunks of roasted green apple. Roasted means setting a peice of apple on a hot griddle until it burns on one side. It's warm on the grilled side, luke warm on the rest, and soggy throughout. It's served with an oily cilantro vinaigrette.

For an entree I tried the fried chicken I'd read about in glowing reviews. When I bit into it, oil ran out. Very greasy and not too fresh. It's served with "today's fresh vegetables" which were fresh from the freezer and smashed potatoes that were barely warm, pretty thin and perhaps from a box. Nothing good about the meal.

My spouse that a brisket sandwich which was incredibly dry and lacking flavor. She described it as the driest meat she'd ever had. She had a side of mac and cheese which was fine. . .nothing to rave about. . .just fine.

We won't need to wait for a table here again as we won't be going back.

2  Thank halor
Anne4217, Owner at Sweet T's Restaurant & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded February 21, 2014

A few facts about Sweet T's:
1) We don't shop at Costco for produce
2) Our cilantro vinaigrette is amazing!
3) Our vegetables are received 7 days a week from Greenleaf Produce as are the red potatoes we use to make our smashed potatoes twice a day - yes, TWICE:)
4) Our brisket is some of the best you'll ever eat
5) Our fried chicken is cooked in a pressure fryer so when you are biting into it, it's moistness, not grease coming out of the chicken
6) If you come to Sweet T's and hate everything you ate, you quite possibly were eating someone else OR you just like writing bad reviews.

We are definitely not perfect, but I was in the kitchen on the 19th, if that is when you dined and I KNOW that I don't put out food like you described in your review. I also know that my staff doesn't put out food like you described. If something isn't right, we are always willing to correct it. With superior taste buds such as yours (after all, you could tell the greens were from Costco and the potatoes from a box right???), you should probably stop dining here and become a professional food critic;)