“OK for Overnight”

Ranked #21 of 25 Hotels in Santa Rosa
Ciudad Juarez, Mexico
“OK for Overnight”
Reviewed October 3, 2013

Stayed for overnight just to sleep and take a bath. Cleanliness is just OK, for the price of less than 60 USD for 2 beds is ok. Just off the highway, just be mindlfull after because one can miss the exit if coming from SF. There was a security guard so maybe it is safe~ nothing happened on our stay though.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Folsom, California
Reviewed September 25, 2013

Our running group stayed here for one night while passing through Santa Rosa. When we pulled up around 8pm, there were several men drinking and hanging over the railing outside the upstairs row of rooms (above the office) staring and making remarks at any women walking up to the office. We also noticed other men lurking around the property who were drinking and just watching people. When we checked in, the 2 girls in the office seemed very stressed and wanted the I.D.'s of every person in our party. They were also asking the same of other guests (and I can see why, based on the type of people who was staying there). We were exhausted and the check-in process seemed to take forever. On the way to our room, there were men we noticed were hanging outside their rooms. One room had its door open and the people inside were smoking drugs of some sort and drinking. Finally, we got to our rooms and settled in for the night, making sure we locked every lock on the door. The A/C was not working and it was very stuffy in the 2 adjoining rooms we rented, so we opened the windows for ventilation. All night we heard the loud conversations of people partying right outside our window (literally)! The conversations consisted of talk about beating people up, partying, etc, etc. It was a good thing there were no children in our group to hear that kind of talk! We were exhausted from running all day, but could hardly sleep due to fear of being in a dangerous area and having people who looked like ex-cons partying right outside our door. We left early in the morning and will definitely NOT be returning to the motel/drug den. Next time we will check the reviews before booking!!!

Room Tip: My only tip is RUN!!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank TravelingNurse74

Travelers are raving about these Santa Rosa hotels

Sacramento, CA
Reviewed July 30, 2013

In Santa Rosa for a job that ended up taking longer than I expected. Most hotels full due to a soccer meet or something (jacked up prices too). Found this Motel 6. Screen missing from window, Took an hour to get the "air freshener" smell out of the room with the door open. Carpets worn. They put me in the back row. Looked like a bunch of loosers and drug dealers rooms. Woke up early in the morning to here some woman screaming at someone (boy friend, dealer, pimp, who knows)on the 2nd floor from the parking lot. A week later stayed at the Motel 6 in Rohnert park (less than 10 miles south). Difference was night and day. (see my review). I would not stay here ever again! Go to Rohnert park instead if you want a low price room.

Room Tip: Only good thing was the Burger and Brews place out front. If you have to stay here request a room cl...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Motel6, Public Relations Manager at Motel 6 Santa Rosa North, responded to this review, August 3, 2013
Dear Sargewolf - We sincerely apologize for the odor, room condition and disturbances you encountered during your recent stay. These issues are not consistent with our standards for quality at Motel 6. Please kindly contact our guest relations department so they can have a record of your experience to help us provide you with better service in the future: 1-800-577-3435.
Cairo, Egypt
Reviewed July 29, 2013

Traveling with an Egyptian colleague I pulled into this motel to save on his budget and to get an early start into San Francisco the next morning so I could show him the wharf area. We were quickly checked in to two rooms.

The room was Ikea fourth generation; couldn't even qualify as shabby chic. The shower was interesting though; it was a pod. But the room was clean and I slept well, which is all I paid for.

When I left for dinner next door and then returned, my door was jammed and I had made the mistake of closing the window before I left, so I couldn't break into my own room. When I went to the front desk there was a line checking in - obviously well placed to attract the budget traveler. I eventually got one of the desk help to come to the room and apparently this has happened before. He simply gave the door a hard hit and it popped open. The safety lock had slipped in place when I exited.

Coffee in the lobby. WiFi was pretty sad; I could barely send an email.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Douglas A
San Mateo, California
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Decided at the last minute to head out of town on Friday, July 5 and this was the cheapest place I could find that wasn't charging an arm and a leg for the weeked. I had zero expectations about this Motel 6 based on previous reviews - what I got was less than zero. The room had serious wear and tear on all the furnishings, bathtub and sink countertop. The motel provides zero amenities other than free coffee in the lobby in the morning. There are no microwaves, mini-fridges, in-room coffe makers and there wasn't even somethings as basic as a clock in the room. I feel lucky that the motel even provided a bar of soap. The nicest thing I can say about the place is that the water pressure in the shower was decent. Will not be staying here again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Juli B
Santa Rosa, California
Reviewed April 15, 2013

I honest can't put my finger on what is wrong with this place? Customer service at the front desk is good plus maids and maintenance are friendly but I can't recommend this hotel. I've stayed at a lot of cheap hotels in my days but this one seamed very trashy and beat up.

Wifi is almost always unavailable, very slow and disconnected often. Room smelled like smoke upon return to room at night. Very noisy outside my room. People working on cars in the parking lot all day long. People prank calling my room late at night. Most of the vending machines didn't work. TV channels cable card would stop working for no reason.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Tel Aviv, Israel
Reviewed October 25, 2012

We stayed juste one night, we asked to have two queens bed to have a bigger room for these price.
It wasn't the cleaniest motel, but this is what paid for.
Great fr road trips!
Don'tgo to the south motel 6 in Santa Rosa, a lot of drunk people we're during my stay that the reason I drove North and found this place

Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple