WINNER WONDERLAND

Review of Motel 6 Santa Rosa North

Motel 6 Santa Rosa North
Ranked #22 of 25 Hotels in Santa Rosa
Sacramento, CA
“Head down the road 10 miles”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2013

In Santa Rosa for a job that ended up taking longer than I expected. Most hotels full due to a soccer meet or something (jacked up prices too). Found this Motel 6. Screen missing from window, Took an hour to get the "air freshener" smell out of the room with the door open. Carpets worn. They put me in the back row. Looked like a bunch of loosers and drug dealers rooms. Woke up early in the morning to here some woman screaming at someone (boy friend, dealer, pimp, who knows)on the 2nd floor from the parking lot. A week later stayed at the Motel 6 in Rohnert park (less than 10 miles south). Difference was night and day. (see my review). I would not stay here ever again! Go to Rohnert park instead if you want a low price room.

Room Tip: Only good thing was the Burger and Brews place out front. If you have to stay here request a room cl...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Motel6, Public Relations Manager at Motel 6 Santa Rosa North, responded to this review, August 3, 2013
Dear Sargewolf - We sincerely apologize for the odor, room condition and disturbances you encountered during your recent stay. These issues are not consistent with our standards for quality at Motel 6. Please kindly contact our guest relations department so they can have a record of your experience to help us provide you with better service in the future: 1-800-577-3435.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Cairo, Egypt
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2013

Traveling with an Egyptian colleague I pulled into this motel to save on his budget and to get an early start into San Francisco the next morning so I could show him the wharf area. We were quickly checked in to two rooms.

The room was Ikea fourth generation; couldn't even qualify as shabby chic. The shower was interesting though; it was a pod. But the room was clean and I slept well, which is all I paid for.

When I left for dinner next door and then returned, my door was jammed and I had made the mistake of closing the window before I left, so I couldn't break into my own room. When I went to the front desk there was a line checking in - obviously well placed to attract the budget traveler. I eventually got one of the desk help to come to the room and apparently this has happened before. He simply gave the door a hard hit and it popped open. The safety lock had slipped in place when I exited.

Coffee in the lobby. WiFi was pretty sad; I could barely send an email.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Douglas A
San Mateo, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013

Decided at the last minute to head out of town on Friday, July 5 and this was the cheapest place I could find that wasn't charging an arm and a leg for the weeked. I had zero expectations about this Motel 6 based on previous reviews - what I got was less than zero. The room had serious wear and tear on all the furnishings, bathtub and sink countertop. The motel provides zero amenities other than free coffee in the lobby in the morning. There are no microwaves, mini-fridges, in-room coffe makers and there wasn't even somethings as basic as a clock in the room. I feel lucky that the motel even provided a bar of soap. The nicest thing I can say about the place is that the water pressure in the shower was decent. Will not be staying here again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Juli B

Travelers are raving about these Santa Rosa hotels

Santa Rosa, California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2013

I honest can't put my finger on what is wrong with this place? Customer service at the front desk is good plus maids and maintenance are friendly but I can't recommend this hotel. I've stayed at a lot of cheap hotels in my days but this one seamed very trashy and beat up.

Wifi is almost always unavailable, very slow and disconnected often. Room smelled like smoke upon return to room at night. Very noisy outside my room. People working on cars in the parking lot all day long. People prank calling my room late at night. Most of the vending machines didn't work. TV channels cable card would stop working for no reason.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Tel Aviv, Israel
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2012

We stayed juste one night, we asked to have two queens bed to have a bigger room for these price.
It wasn't the cleaniest motel, but this is what paid for.
Great fr road trips!
Don'tgo to the south motel 6 in Santa Rosa, a lot of drunk people we're during my stay that the reason I drove North and found this place

Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2012

Noisy. Dirty. Had to ask for towels. We should have taken one look and ask for a refund.

AVOID THIS PLACE.

To get to 200 characters, I'll repeat: AVOID THIS PLACE.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2012

I stayed at this motel last week for three days. I wasn't expecting much. The price was right, although I think it could have been lower if the fair haden't been in town.
The good:
The room was clean and did not smell bad. These are the two most important things to me.
I liked the location. Lots of stores and food spots within walking distance.
I did not go swiming, but the pool area did look nice.

The not so good:
The bed was not the most comfortable. Mine was very soft, but that's not such a big deal.
On the second day the airconditioner in the room started to squeal .... Actually it sounded like a phone ringing.....that was very annoying since it was very stuffy and humid in the room without the air on.

I would stay here again. It's not the best.. but it's not the worst either.

• Stayed July 2012