“Worst Experience Ever”

Ranked #22 of 25 Hotels in Santa Rosa
Eureka, CA
“Worst Experience Ever”
Reviewed April 14, 2008

This was by far the worst hotel experience I have ever had. The rooms were dirty and smelled like cigarette smoke even though they were non-smoking. There were cigarette burns in the every layer of the bedding. The hotel was loud throughout the night including our neighbors on each side who had their tvs and loud music blaring well into the early hours of the morning. I did not feel safe in this hotel and would have felt safer sleeping in my car on the side of the rode. Spend the extra money to stay somewhere else.

• Liked — Nothing
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Los Angeles, CA
Reviewed August 4, 2007

While this is not a place to bring the kids for a family vacation, it still was a great choice for a "road-tripper" like myself. I called 411 and asked for Motel 6 in Santa Rosa and they gave me a couple of choices. Not being familiar with the area, I just took the first choice and they directed me to the Motel 6 on Cleveland and Steele. I had read in previous reviews that the area looked dangerous because of the "graffitti", however, they must have taken care of that problem because all the buildings look freshly painted up and down the street. There's a new TJ Max and Staples being built next door, so that may have something to do w/ it. This is my personal review:

Pros: 1)Cheap! I payed only $75 for a Sat. night stay. 2) Clean! When I stay at a hotel, all I ask for is a nice, clean bathroom and they delivered! 3) Close to downtown Santa Rosa! It's only one exit away from the downtown exit. There's also a Macy's across the street and plenty of restaurants nearby. 4) Close to wineries and other small towns. I was able to visit a couple of little towns around here. Plenty of free maps to find out where to go. 5) There is a pool, which was great after driving all day long in the hot summer weather!! It's clean and great to cool off!

Cons: 1)It's Motel 6, so no "extras". If you get your Motel 6 soap, you are lucky. Don't forget toiletries! 2) Walls are paper-thin, so if you're sensitive to noise, it's kind of loud. I stayed in a downstairs, non-smoking room, right under a room that had a small family w/ two kids that were jumping and running. Luckily I'm a heavy sleeper, so I was out before I had a chance to complain.

Overall, great for a budget traveler. Hope this helps!

• Liked — Clean and close to the freeway, stores, and restaurants.
  • Disliked — No wireless internet service!
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank Bruin98
Santa Rosa
Reviewed March 8, 2006

Stayed here on business Feb 24 and 25. Asked for upstairs room for quietness, and it was. Room was very clean, no worn out linens/bedspreads etc. Rest of room was well maintained. Problem with room heat during the night. Called desk but was told nothing could be done till the morning. Next morning maintenance checked room and found heater out due to inoperable heater part. Desk moved me to another room immediately and it too was well maintained. Asked for early checkin, early room service, and extra towels and was taken care of promptly. I would stay here again.

• Stayed February 2006, traveled on business
fiji islands
Reviewed August 28, 2005

Please do not stay at this particular Motel 6. The room needed an overhaul.
The bedspread had dark stains, blanket had holes, carpet had stains,
walls had stain marks?????, curtains had holes, sink was scratched and dirty. The room did not smell clean or look clean. Very disappointed

Stayed August 2005
1 Thank helmstreit

Travelers are raving about these Santa Rosa hotels

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed August 28, 2005

I stayed five nights at this hotel because of the bad reviews I saw written about the Motel 6 South. Both Motel 6s are in the industrial section of Santa Rosa, with lots of signs of gang activity around (graffiti, barbed wire, etc.) and no safe places to walk or jog nearby. One night's sleep was interrupted by an idiot in the parking lot repeatedly whistling and calling out to find out which room he was supposed to be in, and the next night by a very loud TV in the room next door and repeated poundings on the door. When I called the hotel staff, they said they were trying to find security personnel to open the door so they could turn off the TV. They finally did this an hour later--at 3:30 in the morning, and I left the next day exhausted.

Recommendation: get a hotel in nearby Healdsburg or Rohnert Park. They are much quieter. You'll pay a bit more, but it's worth it.

• Stayed August 2005
2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
San Diego, CA
Reviewed July 17, 2005

Alright... you're staying at a Motel 6 because you: (a) want to save money, (b) aren't going to be spending a lot of time in your room, (c) like the convenient location, or (d) all of the above. I choose D, all of the above. This Motel 6 was clean and well kept. We had 3 rooms for 3 nights over 4th of July weekend and while it was very busy, everything went smoothly. No problems with other guests. We were given extra towels when we asked and everything went swimmingly. The curtains in the room were blackout curtains and I slept very well with no disturbances. I would definitely recommend this Motel 6 (and not the Motel 6 in Santa Rosa South) to friends needing a good night's rest in a clean room.

• Stayed July 2005
Ozarks
Reviewed June 26, 2005

I had to make an emergancy trip to Santa Rosa, had reservations at Motel6 South but accidently pulled into North. The front desk clerks confirmed/cancelled my reservation at other hotel and checked me in there - it was obvious I was exhausted and just needed rest. I was there for 2 days and the customer service was excellant - much more than I expected (or received at a more expensive hotel later in the trip), anticipating and accomodating my needs. The room was very clean, daily service, and I had no problems with other guests or highway noise. I will stay there again on future trips.

I work for an exclusive hotel and convention center in the midwest so I have very discriminating tastes and expectations. This hotel met them.
Thank you!