“Disappointing DDD”

La Texanita
Ranked #95 of 610 Restaurants in Santa Rosa
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed April 18, 2019 via mobile

I’ve been to over 100 DDD’s. My experience has been that there are about 15 of them that are good enough to go back to when I’m in the area. About 75 of them are good and it was a good dinner option for variety. Then about 10 of them have been disappointment. La Texanita has been added to my of disappointments.

I’ll start off by what I liked:

-The little salad on my fajitas‘ plate.

Now for what disappointed me:

-The Carne Asada meat that was raved about on the show. Mine had little flavor and chewed like gum. This is is why I don’t usually order this item at Mexican restaurants, but it was supposed to be very good.

-Usually when you order fajitas you get pico, cheese, sour cream, etc. this plate came with none of that.

-The rice was flavorless.

-The tortillas were homemade and maybe most people would enjoy them, but I didn’t.

-As I was taking my last bite the server finally came to check on my meal, I told her it was ok in a very none happy way and her response was ‘would you like more tortillas.’

-They don’t have liquor, so no margaritas and the beer was pricey.

So I can check off another DDD and will continue to look for them in my travels, but as I have found out sometimes they can be a disappointment.

Date of visit: April 2019

Reviewed November 16, 2018

Friendly people, easy parking/seating area. The meats are higher quality than some other places, add the fresh tortillas, perfection. Very reasonably priced. My go to.

Date of visit: November 2018
Reviewed August 27, 2018 via mobile

A very busy family run restaurant with seating inside and outside. The staff was very busy and took care of every customer. If you are looking for something different when you go to a Mexican restaurant try this.
Molcajeta
You have a choice of chicken, beef or shrimp.
With nopalas (cactus), salsa and grilled green onions and melted mexican Panela cheese.
And that is served in a Molcajeta.

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed August 14, 2018

We went to eat there based on Fieri's recommendation but to us it is obvious that he is NOT too much of an expert on Mexican food (just based on the terrible restaurant he has in Laughlin, NV) This small fast food restaurant was just about the worst Mexican restaurant we have ever tried. I had a ceviche tostada. How can somebody screw something as easy as that? The fish (if you want to call it that) was nothing more than crumbs. when I first saw it I thought that they had sprinkled Cotija cheese on it. It looked like they had ran the fish through a grinder. It was totally dry and flavorless. The only thing I ate was the avocado on top. My wife had chicken enchiladas. Only word to describe it: nasty, Watery, oily and lacking any taste. How do they get rave reviews? Is it that most people cannot recognize good authentic Mexican food anymore?

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed July 9, 2018 via mobile

The burrito was delicious, but the bottom fell out halfway through along with most of the contents. A little too much sour cream but for the most part, filling and yummy. Horchata is definitely .

Date of visit: July 2018