“Best Mexican Food in nor Cal”
Review of La Texanita

La Texanita
Ranked #83 of 543 Restaurants in Santa Rosa
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed July 11, 2013

You can't miss at La Texanita...cute, bright yellow on the outside, a bit dark inside, but sweet patio on the front for outdoor seating. Super fast service-within 5 minutes-and delicious chips/salsa/guac...had the veggie tacos, which were big and delicious. Chicken huarache was amazingly tasty. Reasonable prices, good food...I'll be back.

Reviewed April 26, 2013

Went for lunch with family, the service was friendly and helpful. The food was great I had a carnitas torta that was great. I can wait to go back and try something else. Food was delivered quickly and was hot, chips and salsa were tasty. Can't wait to go again.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

Loved the food. Service was good. Great chicken burrito. Wonderful chili rellenos. Good atmosphere. Well worth a visit. One of the best Mexican restaurants in Santa Rosa.

Reviewed March 20, 2013

Well, like many other people, we saw this place featured on Triple-D.
Um, I can't really see what Guy was raving about so much.
We have been in search of a truly good Mexican restaurant since moving to the area in 2007, and, like many others we have tried, this was very mediocre.
My wife had an enchilda, I think. She was not impressed with the beans and rice.
My tacos were nothing to write home about. They were good, but not great. The meat in the al pastor was chopped up too small. As a neighboring diner noted, Lola's has much better al pastor tacos.
The service was good, and friendly.
The night after we ate here, we saw the episode again, and I saw that Guy was raving about the carne asada, so maybe I will go back and try that. Maybe we just went on an off night.
The next day... well, let's just say we were glad we have 2 bathrooms. Can we blame La Texanita? Probably. But I might give them one more chance.
Not really the most inviting neighborhood, either.
More recently, we have purchased tacos from her food truck.
I must say... the carne asada tacos are very good! And, buying from the truck when it comes to our town, we don't have to go to that sketchy neighborhood.

Reviewed February 28, 2013

Four of us arrived in Santa Rosa tonight & were craving a good Mexican dinner. I had done some research on tripadvisor.com before leaving Nashville and so we came here for dinner based on reviews from others. We were not disappointed. The place is small, maybe holds 40 or so people, but the flavors are huge. The chips & salsa and avocado dip are great - chips are perfectly crisp & salted and the salsa was spicy like I like it. For our dinners we had Molcajete, Milaneza and two Chile Relleno - all were well prepared using fresh ingredients. The owners & staff are very friendly and eager to ensure you have a great meal. They offer a good variety of Mexican beers. The only disappointment here was they do not serve margaritas, which we were looking forward to after a long day of being tourists. Total for four entrees and seven beers was about $80 + tip. Free off-street parking behind the restaurant. Kid friendly. BTW - we were surprised to learn Guy Fieri featured this restaurant on his Food Network show - Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives, Episode DV0704H. How cool is that?