“muchisimo buenisimo”

La Texanita
Ranked #85 of 548 Restaurants in Santa Rosa
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed May 18, 2012

Unbelievable! My son the firefighter told me about this place. "Hey dad have you checked out ?La Texanita"? It was featured a couple yrs back on dives and drive-ins w/ guy Feirrari ( i did not get the name of the food channel show or the host exactly right but you know what im talking about. I hadnt so i DID and I was blown away! This place is absolutamente outfrickenstanding!

Located in the Roseland area which is predominantly hispanic so of course its going to have the best of the cuisine La Texanita is short on exterior beauty but once yr inside and see the mix of gringoes and hispanics enjoying the food and feel the warmth and friendliness of the staff you immediately feel like yr in for something special.
I had shrimp diablo . it came w rice and salad and was perfect. A generous portion of shrimp tossed in the hot but not terribly hot sauce was accompanied by perfectly cooked and seasoned rice and a wonderful salad side w a subtle and not overbearing dressing. My wife alice had the shrimp blabla de ajo also extraordinary . we sat there and quietly ate both knowing we had discovered a very special restaurant and feeling very hip and in the know. all this and mexican beer for under $40 gracias y vendremos pronto!!

Reviewed March 27, 2012

Holy moly, I only wish I had found this place earlier. It is amazing food, and completely authentic. Homemade tortillas, homemade everything. They also have the best Horchata I have had in a very long time. Just go and be adventurous in your ordering because the food is amazing. It is good I don't live closer to this place, because I would eat here multiple times a week!

Reviewed March 24, 2012

This is the second I have been at La Texanita and we were very impressed with food, is very well cooked and they make their own tortillas and refried beans. I ate the mixed fajitas and were aswome.
The place looks a little bit rustic but has these nice purple walls!
The service is great and fast....full meal was under 45 minutes since we enter on the restaurant.
The only low for me was the flan, I was not very impressed... To thick!
I will be back!

Reviewed March 8, 2012

After seeing this on Triple D and knowing that we'd be in the area, my wife and I decided to give it a try. In the past we've been disappointed with the places we'd been that had been on the show but..... It is a small place and you can drive right by without noticing, but if you are in the area you should make a point to eat there. The food was very good and the prices reasonable. If we are there again, we'll stop.