“You almost missed this one! So don't!”

Royal China Restaurant
Ranked #85 of 527 Restaurants in Santa Rosa
Cuisines: Chinese, Asian
Good for: Families with children, Kids
Santa Rosa, California
“You almost missed this one! So don't!”
Reviewed November 15, 2013

You will find Royal China in an out of the way mall on Marlow Rd and Piner Rd in Santa Rosa. Even though this sits in a mall, don't be fooled, this place as ambience, charm, great chinese (upscale and different types) food menu...has wine, beer.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank Teresa Terre S

San Luis Obispo, California
“Best Chinese food ever”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

I have tried Chinese food in every town I have lived because I love it. When I started coming up to visit Santa Rosa after my son got married here we came to the Royal China, thier favorite place (3080 Marlow). The location is not fancy, however, the decore and atmosphere is great. Small place with fantastic food. This restaurant has the best and most consistantly great dishes, and I have been coming here for 12 years now. Excellent every time.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank Ahsha A
Santa Rosa, California
“Cozy, nice decor, great service and food!”
Reviewed May 1, 2013

Four of us met for lunch. We used to work together, and three of us have retired. Nice having lunch with our former manager. Food and service were great. I had War Wonton Soup! Veggies full of flavor and not overlooked. Prawns and chicken sour rounded by wontons! I emptied my bowl. The other three had the different lunch offers with chicken. Everyone was pleased with their selection. A place to visit again and again!

• Visited May 2013
“Value and Tasty”
Reviewed March 22, 2013

Food was outstanding and plentiful. Atmosphere, much better than the average Chinese Restaurant. I kept wondering how they could serve such fresh and well prepared food ant such a reasonable price. The Hot and Sour Soup was fantastic, it got me started on a Chinese Soup Binge, and I am not a big soup person. The Lemon Chicken was great. I would recommend ordering a variety, and as many plates as the table can handle, be be prepared to take home enough for 2 more meals.

• Visited March 2013
La Quinta, California
“Small, high quality Chinese restarurant in Santa Rosa”
Reviewed March 19, 2013

Royal China Restaurant came highly recommended and when visited, it met the standard others had set when they were talking about it.

The staff is friendly and helpful, very attentive. The food service was quick and efficient.

Hot and Sour Soup was spicy enough to enjoy, but not overpowering.

Orange Peel Beef was outstanding! Plenty to eat and some to take away.

Pricing was typical Chinese competitive, $8 - $11 for most entrees.

This is a very popular place, with a strong takeaway crowd as well as dining in crowd. It is not a large place, so get there early or late, 7 PM is not a good time as you will most probably have a 15 - 20 minute wait.

The menu is extensive, but not overwhelming. Good choices in all categories.

Diners around me were very pleased with their meals, and the place, while not "kid-friendly", did a nice job of catering to tables with families with kids.

I can heartily recommend this if you like good Chinese food (American style)

• Visited March 2013