“Authentic, amazing peruvian food!”
Review of Sazon

Sazon
Ranked #12 of 543 Restaurants in Santa Rosa
Cuisines: Peruvian
Dining options: Reservations, Takeout
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Burbank
Transit: City of Santa Rosa Public Bus Route 12. Stop one block from our premises.
Description: Sazon is Spanish for "seasoning" and synonymous with incredible Peruvian cuisine! We combine family recipes with great service for amazing dining. Peruvian cuisine is a reflection of Peru's diverse geography, immigrant cultures, and even pre-Inca recipes! With a truly unique fusion of cultures, you'll taste dishes with hints of Spanish, African, Italian, and even Asian cuisines. At Sazon, our family serves authentic Peruvian recipes passed down by our great-grandmother, Maria Olinda, who herself boasted Peruvian, African, Spanish, and Italian ancestry! We invite you to share one of our unforgettable Ceviches with a co-worker at lunch; with 7 to choose from including a classic Ceviche Mango or the Ahi Ceviche Nikei with ahi tuna, you're sure to escape your workday stresses. Or bring loved ones for dinner to indulge in the amazing Pollo a la Brasa, free-range chicken marinated with a house blend of traditional Peruvian spices! Whether you're joining us for lunch or dinner, with friends or family, we invite you to savor the unique Peruvian flavors at Sazon!
Reviewed March 29, 2014

We are great fans of peruvian food and through the years we have tried many peruvian restaurants, in California and abroad. Sazon is one of the best! We were there for dinner and came back for lunch the next day! My husband thinks that it is the best Aji de Gallina he's ever had! And the seviche was out of this world! The service is excellent.
I live over 2 hours away, but I definitively plan to be back with the rest of my family soon!

Reviewed March 29, 2014

We have wanted to try this place since it opened, and we finally went there for lunch one Saturday afternoon. It's a very small place in the Roseland section of Santa Rosa. When we went there were very few customers, but mid-afternoon on a Saturday is not a busy time. The place only seats a handful of people anyway. We didn't know what to expect, but we were very pleased with our meals. Everything we had was delicious! I tried their special berry drink, and it was interesting. Not sure if I would recommend it, but it went well with my food. The service was terrific. If you can find this place, it's worth it.

Reviewed March 20, 2014

Went back to Sazon to take advantage of restaurant week - a late lunch on Saturday was incredible. Ceviche to die for, the rellenos were excellent and the fish tacos just about the best ever. This place continues to amaze me!

Juan Luis N, Owner at Sazon, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2014

Please accept my excuse for the late response. Thank you very much for your positive review about your experience at Sazon, we really appreciated. Please spread the word with your friends and family about us, we're looking forward to serve you again. Happy summer. Regards, Sazon staff.

Reviewed March 18, 2014

...closer to home!

We decided to try Sazon on the way home from a weekend in a Little River. Beyond a convenient location for breaking up the drive, you couldn't find a better Peruvian food place anywhere else at or near 101 or throughout the north SF Bay Area.

Despite the lack of a soccarat in the Paella, the dish had plenty of fresh seafood and was quite flavorful. An Ahi ceviche was also spot on. Roasted chicken was moist and we'll seasoned.

Note that this is just a very small, strip mall joint with not much decor. Nonetheless, dinner reservations are recommended.

Reviewed February 26, 2014

I have visited Peru twice. Enjoying the food there we decided to try it in SR.
I enjoyed my first visit here for dinner, so months later I went to lunch with a friend. Both visits we were in for a taste treat. I liked the combination of flavors. We started with empanadas, they were a special of the day. One beef, another chicken. A dipping sauce was served along the side. My main was a pulled chicken stew served with rice. My friend had a marinated seafood combo served stacked up in a tower presentation. Very good too. As we each had a taste of the others meal. I like the service, explanations of dishes and enjoyed everything! I will return again. A treasure to have food from Peru in Santa Rosa!