“Authentic little place”
Review of Sazon

Sazon
Reserve with OpenTable
Sazon is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 567 Restaurants in Santa Rosa
Cuisines: Peruvian
Dining options: Reservations, Takeout
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Burbank
Transit: City of Santa Rosa Public Bus Route 12. Stop one block from our premises.
Description: Sazon is Spanish for "seasoning" and synonymous with incredible Peruvian cuisine! We combine family recipes with great service for amazing dining. Peruvian cuisine is a reflection of Peru's diverse geography, immigrant cultures, and even pre-Inca recipes! With a truly unique fusion of cultures, you'll taste dishes with hints of Spanish, African, Italian, and even Asian cuisines. At Sazon, our family serves authentic Peruvian recipes passed down by our great-grandmother, Maria Olinda, who herself boasted Peruvian, African, Spanish, and Italian ancestry! We invite you to share one of our unforgettable Ceviches with a co-worker at lunch; with 7 to choose from including a classic Ceviche Mango or the Ahi Ceviche Nikei with ahi tuna, you're sure to escape your workday stresses. Or bring loved ones for dinner to indulge in the amazing Pollo a la Brasa, free-range chicken marinated with a house blend of traditional Peruvian spices! Whether you're joining us for lunch or dinner, with friends or family, we invite you to savor the unique Peruvian flavors at Sazon!
Reviewed January 5, 2013

Taste of Peru (and we HAVE been there too.
Very crowded table arrangement adds to the intimacy, with friendly service and a genuine willingness to please

Reviewed November 15, 2012 via mobile

Sazon has an open kitchen to the left as you walk in; everyone smiled and welcomed me. Within 30 seconds I had a menu- great looking menu. Juan Jose (born in Peru) and Roberto (also does wine/food pairings for Kendall Jackson) greeted me warmly. I asked Roberto for an appetizer recommendation; he said if I was ok with it he'd recommend the beef heart skewers. I decided to go for it. Wow! Amazing! About halfway through them Juan Jose told me some stories about how he grew up eating them. For the main course I had the Peruvian Paella- yummy! Overall a great experience. If I lived in Sonoma, I'd be a regular at Sazon!

Reviewed November 2, 2012

We enjoy eating at a restaurant that is all about the food. The family takes pride in their menu. Our server was very good at helping us Peruvian food novices pick our order. She also talked about her visit to Peru. The food was delicious. We all shared our plates and no one was disappointed. The Picante de Mariscos, Aji de Gallina, Ceviche Mixto, and the Arroz con Mariscos. All had good portions. We intend to visit next time were in Sonoma.

Reviewed October 17, 2012

We visited Sazon after finding it on TripAdvisor. We were a group of 8 and were seated quickly. It's a small place but we had plenty of room. We started with the Ahi ceviche which was great. Several of us had the specials that night - pork in sauce and also rockfish with shrimp, mussels, and clams. Our server, Roberto, was great -- excellent attitude and energy. Everything was reasonably priced. The place is in a neighborhood strip center. We found Sazon to be a great choice!

Reviewed October 2, 2012

The Maria in RodMaria is Peruvian. I have eaten in all the Peruvian restaurant in SF (where she works) and a lot in Peru. Some of the dishes here are better than any in the City. Minus = The place is small, in a out of the way location, the ambiance is just ok. But when I visit Santa Rosa to see my sister, my wife always wants to stop by because the food is delicious. If they would just start making Pisco sours...