“safe and clean”

Quality Inn and Suites Santa Rosa Wine Country
Ranked #18 of 25 Hotels in Santa Rosa
Reviewed October 26, 2013

Hotel was clean staff was friendly. Breakfast was medicore mostly carbs. Would stay there again Need to have more fruits and offer a healthier choice. Breakfast room was large and could handle a large crowd.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Quality Inn and Suites Santa Rosa Wine Country

Reviewed October 22, 2013

We were just staying overnight but the hotel is relatively new and clean. Lots of small groups were staying there and enjoying the wine country. Although they offer free breakfast, there is a great restaurant just a few blocks north of it. The inn is close to the square, downtown and the mall. It's easy to get off and on Highway 101 to try wineries in the area. The staff and other customers were fun and friendly.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed October 18, 2013

This place is not in the most 'happening' part of town...don't plan on walking to anything. A just average franchise motel, with clean rooms, fairly well equipped with fridge and microwave and just upgraded HD cable TV. Wifi works with some repetitive sign in aggravation. Nothing attractive on the free breakfast so we didn't partake. Staff was functional also...no going out of the way for you. We did take advantage of the laundry service and it was one-day as advertised and reasonably priced.
This is another place that hits my main raw nerve though....both I and the colleague I was traveling with smoke, and I booked rooms online, selecting the 'Standard Room' that displayed no smoking sign, not the "Non-smoking Room' that had the stand placard. Upon arrival we were greeted with a property wide pledge of non-smoking! I guess the concept of 'voting with your feet' is catching on with smokers and so hotels find it necessary to mislead, if not actually lie, on their reservation sites.

Room Tip: Get upstairs since it can be a noisy parking lot when trucks are in. Also, make sure you stay on the...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed October 2, 2013

I had read previous reviews and was a little nervous booking here since it didnt have many great reviews. However, we decided to try it---how bad could it be? As we were checking in, I noticed the area behind the desk had a single stroke of paint. Like someone had started painting, but never did anything more. (not a deal breaker but odd). After we checked it we headed to the room. There is no elevator to the 2nd floor so we had to haul our luggage up a flight a steps. The rug in the hallway was very dirty and well travelled. The room was average size, but seemed dirty. Not that I saw visible dirt, but just that feeling you get when something doesnt seem clean. I wore my socks the whole time....would not go barefoot. The bedspread had a small stain on it, but I pull that off anyway. The walls were paper thin (as reported by others). Enough so that at 1am, I was awakened by the "activities" of the neighbors. Would not stay there again.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 18, 2013

My wife and I stayed at this motel on a Saturday night. We arrived about 9 pm and inquiried about a room. We were told that the only room they had was a suite, go figure. We took it because of the time. The place was dirty. Big stain spots all over the hall carpets. The place was loud, no insulation in the walls. Our toilet ran all night. When we told the desk person the next morning, she did not know that toilets could do that. The room, for a suite, was very small and had no closet.

Room Tip: If you find that the carpets have huge stains on them stay away. You could check out the room first...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 15, 2013

This place is dirty, outdated, VERY noisy, paper- thin walls, filthy carpets, stained bedspreads, and staffed by uninterested, scarce people at the front desk. Very overpriced for what you get.
It desperately needs refurbishing. The bed was a hard, lumpy OLD mattress which also needs replacing. It felt as though I was sleeping on a box spring!! Never again.

Room Tip: For a good room stay someplace else.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 2, 2013

My wife and I recently completed a four night trip through Oregon and into northern California, staying all four nights with the Choice hotel chain, using either Quality or Comfort hotels. The first three nights were all very satisfactory and pleasing, and would recommend all three, (Lincoln City, Florence, and Fortuna, Oregon). However, the Quality Inn in Santa Rosa, CA, should be an embarresment for Choice Hotels. It resembles a much lower price chain, and I would not be surprised if Choice soon sells it to a lower price hotel chain. Had I not already made a reservation that could not be cancelled with a refund, I would have turned around and walked out immediately. The lobby was dim, dingy, and sparsely furnished. The desk manager was less than professional and did nothing to make us feel welcome. Most noticeable everywhere was the badly worn carpet with trails and frayed areas. In our room, all the wall switches were upside down! Not sure what that tells me, except that they could not have been installed by a liscensed electrician. Not a good sign! The only positive thing I could say, and this is significant, is that the cleaning staff had done a very good job with making the place feel clean, considering the worn out appearance of the entire place. On leaving the next day, it appeared that highway 101 formerly ran by this hotel, but is now a block over, and the tourist traffic no longer passes this hotel, perhaps leading to its demise. I might add that the included breakfast was as sparse as I have ever had at a Choice hotel, and was not kept restocked as food was taken. I would never consider staying here again, and recommend that the Choice hotel chain get rid of it if they care about their reputation.

Room Tip: Choose another hotel!
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
#12 of 25 in Santa Rosa
Hyatt Regency Sonoma Wine Country
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Sonoma Wine Country
Hampton Inn & Suites Rohnert Park - Sonoma County

Been to Quality Inn and Suites Santa Rosa Wine Country? Share your experiences!