“Your on your own here”

Extended Stay America - Santa Rosa - North
Ranked #23 of 25 Hotels in Santa Rosa
“Your on your own here”
Reviewed April 30, 2013 via mobile

No room service. Supplied breakfast is a joke. No front desk staff almost never. So no one to speak with. I had to wait 15 minutes alone in the lobby for anyone to show up to check me in. Then a non English speaking sleepy lady pushed several sets of keys to me for me to ID mine.
Not a good place to stay

• Stayed April 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Santa Rosa - North, responded to this review, June 14, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I am sorry to hear that you had to wait to be checked-in to our hotel. As well, I am very disheartened that you did not enjoy the grab-and-go breakfast we provide each morning and that our staff did not inform you of our cleaning policies. Please know, we offer housekeeping once a week for guests staying more than 8 nights. Guests can request cleaning in between this or for shorter stays, for an additional small fee.

Thank you again for providing us with your feedback. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at srn@extendedstay.com. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Rancho Cucamonga, California
Reviewed April 29, 2013

Booked and stayed in this hotel upon recommendation...., Never Again! This facility is nothing more than a multi-story "Trailer Park". There is no daily "Housekeeping". If you want "housekeeping", you must pay extra. All amenities have a cost factor. "Continental Bkfst" consists of one coffee urn in the lobby, day old muffins from "Smart and Final", and fresh fruit that was fresh a week ago. Lobby closes approx. 10PM and opens approx. 8AM the following morning. There is no receipt provided upon check-out. I highly advise to "STAY AWAY" from this facility.

Room Tip: Another Hotel!!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I am so disappointed that you did not have a good stay. Please accept my apology. In response to your feedback, I am making sure that my front desk explains everything upon check in . Thank you again for providing us with your feedback. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at srn@extendedstay.com. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town.

Travelers are raving about these Santa Rosa hotels

Willits
Reviewed April 10, 2013

The room we had was on the second floor in back away from traffic. Stayed three nights just for R&R, and went to Safari West which is nearby. Our room was clean, nicely decorated with a great little kitchen to fix breakfast and evening snacks. The kitchen had a stove, microwave, refrigerator, and sink.... no dishwasher or oven which was not a problem for us. We did purchase a few items such as paper towels, dish soap, sponge, and hair shampoo. They have a run & go breakfast.. but is mostly package processed food, and we brought our food anyway. We were not disturbed by other people nearby. Great Wifi was a treat for us. The place has a good parking lot with several secure doors to enter the building, and is easy to get on and off the freeway for traveling around the area. All in all we had a very pleasant stay.

Room Tip: rooms on top floor and in back are quieter
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Bayan Lepas, Malaysia
Reviewed March 23, 2013

The furniture was pretty old and the room has a depressing feeling. On the first night , i was given a room right in front of the lift and it was terrible. I couldn't sleep whole night as i could hear the lift door open and close. Worst part is in the room , i found a sock from the previous hotel guest .
Overall is ok but if given a chance i wont want to stay here again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Ali R, Manager at Extended Stay America - Santa Rosa - North, responded to this review, April 7, 2013
Thank you for your recent review of your stay. I am sorry to hear that you found a sock from previous guest. To prevent this from happening again, my team is checking twice to make sure they get everything. I appreciate you bringing this to our attention.

Campbell, California
Reviewed March 11, 2013

This is a very reasonably-priced room that is located just South of the Russian River wine region.

It is about 15 minutes from Healdsburg and 10 from downtown Santa Rosa.

The Hilton nearby has a very nice restaurant for breakfast or after dinner drinks.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Ali R, Manager at Extended Stay America - Santa Rosa - North, responded to this review, March 14, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm glad that the price was reasonable for you and that our location is convenient for visiting local wineries. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope to see you again soon.
Alameda, California
Reviewed February 26, 2013

The newly remodeled rooms are great. Clean, comfortable and great to have a little kitchen to fix meals in. This time there were no pots and pans in the room, but the front desk clerk was quick to hand me a new set with dishwashing packets too! when I told them about the lack.
I stayed two nights, friday and Saturday. Friday was quiet by nine at night and stayed that way. I am here working locally at 7 a.m. so I need the quiet night experience. Saturday was a different story. Sounded like elephants stomping on the floor above me from 2 am to 4. I called the front desk around three. The man answered quickly and said he would take care of it. The music did stop fairly quickly. the running and stomping came to a slower halt.
House keeping did not clean my room either.
My other complaint would be that the non smoking room smelled strongly of chemicals probably used to cover up the smell of someone smoking in it. I aired it out for awhile and this helped.
Probably try to avoid this place on my next stay in the area.

Room Tip: upstairs. non smoking. request quietest area
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Ali R, Manager at Extended Stay America - Santa Rosa - North, responded to this review, March 6, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm so pleased to hear that you like the newly remodeled rooms and that the front desk agent was able to solve your problem quickly. I apologize for the smoky smell and noise in your room.

santa rosa
Reviewed February 24, 2013

the worst possible experience...accommodations were poor in quality, lighting depressing like it was from an old bus station, horrible long-term squatting tenants or whatever they were, funny smells, possible gang activity in parking lot with no ground security...just awful

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. I am so disappointed that you had a bad experience. Please accept my apology. To prevent this from happening again, my team is making sure they look, listen, and respond to guest needs.

I appreciate you bringing this to our attention. I invite you to contact me at srn@extendedstay.com if you have any additional comments. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town.