“Fresh exciting food”
Review of Tex Wasabi's

Tex Wasabi's
Reserve with OpenTable
Tex Wasabi's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #108 of 543 Restaurants in Santa Rosa
Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed January 23, 2013

I am GF and they were accommodating with altering menu choices to fit my needs. Great place to see the game. Great staff.

Reviewed January 22, 2013

Guy Fieri's take on some traditional foods is fantastic, I had the lamb sliders and the meat just melted in my mouth. We also had a selection of other food as well and it was all good. The only complaint I have is we ordered drinks and waited 10 minutes for them to arrive, when the manager found out, he apologized and gave us a couple of desserts, which again were superb. The food did arrive very quickly though.

Reviewed January 10, 2013

Yum! I cannot say enough good things about Tex Wasabi's. The food is fresh and creative. I ALWAYS love what ever I get when I go there. My husband is not a sushi eater and he just loves the bbq items. You can actually see the colors in the smoked meats. I love the sushi and there are so many creative choices to get that I always seem to choose something different. The chef's will also create their own unique ideas so remember to check the board for additional options.

The EXTENSIVE list of appetizers makes it hard to choose just one but I recommend the Vegas Fries or the calamari. The drink choices are abundant and the atmosphere is fun, classy and friendly. I go to Tex Wasabi's every chance I get!

Reviewed January 4, 2013

I'm not a big fan of the not-really-sushi on the menu. However the other appetizers and meals are pretty great. Fruity drinks have been hit and miss for me because they are pretty darn expensive and the glasses tend to be small. My whole family loves the egg rolls there though and when we come to town, we get a bunch of appetizer orders and chow down.

Reviewed December 21, 2012 via mobile

Had lunch on a Tuesday afternoon. Atmosphere is what you make of it. the place just opened up when we got there so it was just starting to fill for lunch. dark hardwoods and a flair akin to HardRock restaraunts come to mind.Im sure the place gets busy at night and would have a cool vibe while having a drink or three.
Ordered the buttermilk pickles and fries. They were really salty but very good. Some of the best tasting deep fried pickles I've had! My wife and I both ordered the tacos. I had the chipotle pork tacos and she had the cabo fish tacos. She stated that she liked my fish tacos better. The same with the pork tacos. There just wasn't anything that stood out as special in the flavors, or lack thereof. I ended up putting guys BBQ sauce on my last pork taco just to get some bite. Can't comment on sushi cause I'm not a big fan of it, but it was set up nicely.
I would say other reviews are spot on as far as giving this place a middle of the road rating. If your expecting to be blown away by a famous chefs culinary delights, akin to Bobby Flay's Mesa in Las Vegas, then you've sadly come to the wrong establishment. However, if you are in town as we were, to try some local breweries and a visit to Guy's place, then don't let me stop you. Just don't make it out to be something it isn't.