“Meh - just ok”
Review of DeLoach Vineyards

DeLoach Vineyards
Ranked #30 of 102 things to do in Santa Rosa
More attraction details
Owner description: At DeLoach Vineyards, our mission is to produce increasingly exceptional wines that spotlight the unique terroir of the Russian River Valley in a socially responsible, environmentally sensitive way.
Reviewed July 20, 2013

I remember someone telling me that De Loache wine was great - so we stopped. The grounds are beautiful but the wine was just OK. The woman who helped us was very nice. With so many outstanding wineries in this area I would go elsewhere.

All reviews
"grapes"
"pairing"
"cheese"

Reviewed May 5, 2013

My wife and I recently visited DeLoach Vineyards. The vineyards and grounds were stunning. This was a great place to rest and relax. The winery tasting room was very neat and inviting. The staff was cordial but not overly friendly. The tastings were $20 a person. We chose not to do a tasting and left. We recommend that you should skip this winery and go to the original founders newer winery - Hook and Ladder. It is right down the street.

1  Thank CarpeDiem0212
Reviewed March 27, 2013

DeLoach was sold by Cecil DeLoach to a French company back in 2004 and it has gone down hill ever since. There wine is OK, but they charge $10 per person and DO NOT comp the fee when you make a purchase. The staff is stuffy and seems bored with your visit. This place used to be packed and I see now why it no longer is. we were the only ones there. Like I said, the wine is OK, but way over-priced; even for wine country. This was the only place we went in all of Sonoma county that still charged for a tasting when you bought wine.
Go a little way farther down Olivet Road and visit Hook and Ladder instead. That is the company that Cecil DeLoach started hen he sold DeLoach to the French. You will be much happier with the wines and the prices as well.

3  Thank chriskeaton
Reviewed March 5, 2013

DeLoach Winery is a smaller establishment somewhat off the beaten path on a small road that I initially missed. The location is very pleasant and attractive. The tasting and guest area is comfortable and the wines were good. I prefer heavier cabs and zins so the wines I had here weren't my favorites of the trip, but the people there made the experience nice and I enjoyed the visit nonetheless.

See more reviews
Reviewed November 5, 2012

I visited a friend in Santa Rosa last March, and I am a huge fan of Pinot Noir so I thought DeLoach would be a good place to visit. We scheduled a tour for 4, and we were the only ones booked for the tour so it was very nice having the host to ourselves. After the tour we had a tasting-I can't remember how many but they weren't very strict with our tasting amounts. The tour is $15, but we all purchased bottles so the fee was waived. A really nice looking winery and great atmosphere. I hope to return. I bought one of their boxes that lasts about 3 weeks and it was a great value.

1  Thank Julianne19