“Great wine tasting in friendly atmosphere”

Hook and Ladder Winery
Ranked #18 of 102 things to do in Santa Rosa
Reviewed April 8, 2013

We arrived about half an hour before closing, and were treated as if we were the most important customers of the day. What a great experience. We enjoyed the wines AND the pepper sauce too. No cost to taste, and reasonably priced, great tasting wines. I recommend tasting and buying here.

Reviewed March 8, 2013

This winery is an absolute must visit every time my friends and I do the Wine Road Northern Sonoma Barrel Testing event. I am never disappointed with their wines whether they are in bottles or barrel. I most espcially love their Port wine. The winery is always fun and the staff are very friendly. I alwys enjoy taking pictures of their vineyard and ther fire truck in front. I also like it that they have chocolate samples, cheese and sometimes chili soup during the event. Always an absolute joy to come here. Best of all the prices are great. I always buy bottles of wine when I come here.

Reviewed February 24, 2013

I loved white wines and bought about 8 bottles (3 reds). We left the tasting room and went to have our lunch outdoors. The scenery is awesome, few tables, very peaceful. Good to come with the kids: they can enjoy an open playing around.

Reviewed February 15, 2013

This a really cool fire fighter kinda place with lots of cool stuff to look at. The wines are pretty good and the tasting is FREE!!! We enjoyed our time there....great place for couples. The guys liked it a lot and they aren't really even into wine that much.

Reviewed October 18, 2012

Okay so I have been a fan of De Loach wines for years. When they sold the brand the new corporation jacked up the prices and turned a fun, family run tasting room into a stuffy, snooty over priced destination for people who don't know any better. Thank God the De Loach family came back and opened Hook and Ladder Winery. The fun is back on Olivet Road along with great wines at affordable prices. Their Zins are second to none and the Cab Francs have been absolutely phenominal. Friendly staff who remember you after just a couple of visits. Everyone I have brought here loves the place. A must visit when your in the Santa Rosa area

1  Thank jcharv60