“Best Ever”

Good for: Families with children
Eureka.Ca
“Best Ever”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2012

My husband and I are senior citizens with discriminating palates, but we are not particularily adventuresome when it comes to choosing unfamiliar cuisines...especially when traveling. Since I am on a very restricted medical diet, no gluten, dairy, sugar, yeast or vinegar, finding any restaurant is a challenge. The clerks at our hotel, Fountain Grove, recommended this restaurant one rainy Sunday evening. It is a small, family run, spotlessly clean, friendly place to eat. Our waitress carefully listened to my dietary restrictions then went through almost every menu item noting the adaptations that could be made to fit my diet. I ended up with several options and chose a combination clay pot rice with meat and veggies....which she chose to meet my tastes. I had never had Vietnamese food but this will certainly be high on the list of our favorites from now on. The food was more than delicious...in fact, I am going to attempt to cook this amazing dish tonight at home. I can't say enough about how much we enjoyed the food, the pleasant servers and the whole comfoprtable atmosphere at Goji's!! Portions were so generous, that we had another meal from our leftovers. We will definitely eat there whenever we are in Santa Rosa again.

• Visited February 2012

Graton, CA
“Sorry, but one try was enough for me”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 12, 2012

Maybe I'm just getting older & crankier, but when a place is enthusiastically recommended to me and turns out to be so-so, I don't have the energy to go back over and over to find out what made the others rave. We went in with eight people and ordered a variety of items, and some of the vegetarian appetizers were very good. But the entrées were mostly disappointing, particularly the signature "Goji Chicken" which was so sweet it was almost ill-making. Worse was the "Sweet & Sour" dish I sampled; it tasted as if it had been stewed in syrup. Perhaps if we had stuck with the appetizers...

• Visited November 2011
Santa Rosa, California
“Deliciously healthy!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2011

What I love about Goji is that it has a mix of Chinese and Vietnamese dishes available. Many of the Vietnamese dishes are gluten free which is a real plus for many people. All the dishes are creative, tasty and well priced. And they don't even own a microwave!!! Fresh, fresh, fresh! Their soup bowls are great and the clay pot shrimp, chicken, pork and beef had enough for leftovers! The owners are almost always there and are the nicest people! Be sure to give Goji a try.

• Visited August 2011
Sacramento, California
“Incredible Food!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2011

What an amazing taste experience!! Absolutely stunning fusion of Chinese, Vietnamese, and Thai cuisine where each dish presentation tells you something passionately special is at hand and obviously at work in the kitchen. Do not let the small strip mall location get in the way; just get in, let the friendly staff make recommendations or lead you through a surprisingly extensive menu, and let the dishes and experience roll!!!