“Pleasant surprise!”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed November 23, 2011

We were not sure what to expect and were pleasantly surprised. In all aspects this was a wonderful meal. From the caprese salad to the veal piccata with roasted potatoes and tender asparagus to the best tiramisu we've had in years the food was excellent. (Side note: the tiramisu was very similar to what The Bakery and Tutti's used to serve in Santa Barbara.). Since I'm the only wine drinker I ordered a glass of California Zinfadel which was okay. I probably could have made a better choice from the interesting list of Italian and California wines.

A very pleasant and helpful waitress completed the experience. Since we stop in Santa Rosa on our RV travels, we will be back.

1  Thank MapDoc1
There are newer reviews for Riviera Restaurant

Reviewed November 20, 2011

You can't go wrong here. Authentic Italian dishes, great service, a good wine list.. Last time I was here I ordered the Pasta Levi Leipheimer and ..no joke... Levi himself walked in 3 minutes after I ordered it. I can't guarantee the same results for you, but I can guarantee that you will love this restaurant.

Reviewed November 3, 2011

At the recommendation of D’Argenzio Winery, we visited Riviera Restaurant in Santa Rosa for an early meal on a Monday evening. From the moment we entered the doors, the Italian staff was welcoming and friendly, inviting us to choose wherever we wanted to sit-the more formal main dining room, or the casual garden room. The salads were fresh, crisp, and dressed correctly; the gnocci and spaghetti with prawns were substantial, tasty, and filling. Prices are extremely reasonable for authentic Italian cuisine in a warm, appealing ambiance. Definitely recommend this establishment for couples, families, and groups of friends who want excellent eats, service, and atmosphere.

Reviewed October 2, 2011

Tried to eat here but received the poorest welcome in a restaurant in ages. I guess they can afford to turn folks away. Not going back... plenty more places to choe in Santa Rosa.

Reviewed September 1, 2011

We go here at least twice per month! It's the best restaurant in Sonoma County. They have gluten free pasta, which is very nice for us! I've never had a bad meal here, and the owners are incredibly sweet!