“Best wine tour in Russian River”
Review of California Rivers Wine Tours - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
California Rivers Wine Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: Wine tours of wineries and scenery throughout Sonoma County.
Reviewed October 7, 2013

You must book this tour if you are looking for someone who is LOCAL and knows the area. John is fantastic. Super nice guy, very attentive, and answers ALL of your questions. He also has the most competitive rates in all the area. Trust me, I did a lot of research so if you book with John first it will save you lots of wasted time getting other quotes.

His lunch is fantastic too. This is coming from a group of 8 people who are somewhat picky eaters.

Reviewed August 1, 2013

My group of 7 women were very happy with John's wine tour and lunch on a recent trip to the Russian River valley. He was right on time, right price, pleasant and felt like he was watching out for us as if we were all family. I was pleasantly surprised that he had our tasting fees taken care of at every stop and appreciated his insider-knowledge of the area. The lunch picnic he prepared for us was wonderful, just perfect. I'd definitely recommend his services!

Reviewed July 14, 2013

We and two other couples booked John for a five hour tour. He was right on time to pick us up. He took us to a couple of wineries that we requested and then to a couple that we hadn't been to. We had a very nice picnic lunch that John set up at one of the wineries. John was very courteous and answered all questions we had. We had a great time and highly recommend John.

Reviewed November 2, 2012

I recently took my wife on a trip to the Sonoma region for her birthday. While there, I thought it would be a good idea to take a wine tour, so I got in touch with several local tour operators. John from California Rivers quickly became my preferred choice by far. The first good sign was that John's email responses were always quick, courteous, and informative. He made arranging our tour an absolute breeze, and the terms and plans were clearly and concisely described.

The day of our tour, John arrived at our hotel precisely on time and warmly greeted us. He even offered a stepstool to make it easier for my wife to enter the vehicle! As soon as we were underway, John was already describing the tour that lay ahead of us, and it sounded thrilling.

Our day began with a tour of the Korbel California champagne winery, which was fascinating and enjoyable. After that, John took us to several area wineries, including several smaller boutique vineyards that we might otherwise have missed. I'm glad we didn't miss them, though, because every stop on the tour was great.

Throughout the day, John was explaining the local history, bringing his significant experience in the area to bear. He told us some very interesting stories about his life in the Russian River area and the various tales of the wineries we visited, and the region as a whole. It added another dimension to the tour--this wasn't just a trip to several places to sample wine, it was a history lesson, a geography tour, and at one point, a feast: at one winery, John served us a delicious private lunch he had prepared just for us. The lunch consisted of a variety of tasty foods, including several vegetables John himself had grown. It even had a birthday cake for my wife, and John made sure to start the caroling of "Happy Birthday," in which some nearby patrons joined, adding just one more unforgettable moment to an unforgettable weekend.

I can summarize my opinion with this statement: if you are going to be in the Russian River/Sonoma area and you want to take a wine tour, you would be foolish to skip California Rivers Wine Tours.

Reviewed September 21, 2012

I first booked a tour with John for my girlfriends 30th and our group of 8 had such a good time that I went straight back to John for a friends Bachlorette party a few years later. He delivered again, great wineries, great van and service, and he came through with the food and treats again for lunch. Lots of small touches make his tour the best. Free tastings all over, homemade bread, jams, and pickles for lunch. Party favors to make the day more enjoyable if it's a special event. I highly recommend choosing California River Wine Tours for all your wine country vacations.