“What happened, Franco?!”

Add it.
Franco's Ristorante
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Description: New restaurant. Opened about 3 months ago.
Reviewed March 17, 2012

My husband and I were big fans of (the owner's) Fabianni Restaurant in the early/mid 90's so we were excited to finally try Franco's. We went on a Friday night with our 3 teenagers to celebrate my son's birthday, and were seated at a cozy table near the fire. The complimentary foccacia was a nice start, as were our ceasar salads with nice big shavings of parmesean cheese, but I am sorry to say that's where things started to disappoint. All of our dishes arrived lukewarm, as if they had been waiting a while, and each dish had issues. Our two personal pizzas had crispy crust, yet didn't seem quite done on top. My son's rib-eye steak while cooked medium on the inside had an unpleasant tasting char on the outside; my husband's gnocci portion was small and tasted like flour; my eggplant parmesan was so-so, but the polenta was barely warm, pastey, and slightly dry on the outside like it had been sitting on the plate for a while. The thing we were looking forward to most was the Tiramisu which is a favorite, and Fabianni's had been THE standard in our opinion. However, it too was a disappointment. This piece was lacking in marscapone and filled instead with whipped cream and maybe a little marscapone in there somewhere, making it a little sloppy. Tasty, but not the perfect ,succulent square of espresso/ladyfinger/marscapone bliss with just the right dusting of unsweetened cocoa powder over it that we remembered. I wanted to love this place, but instead it was just so-so. Maybe we will give it another try in the future and have better luck.

Reviewed March 13, 2012

My cousin has been there dozens of times and loves it, but this was my first. The inside is really nice and has a nice fireplace. The food was so good. I went with the special, which was a slow cooked chicken over polenta with a warm spinach salad...amazing! The prices were very reasonable for lunch, about $13. Service was very good and the food came just at the right time. We had time to enjoy the delicious bread they offered, enjoyed our meal and ate dessert...all done in a hour so perfect for a lunch break. Dessert was a little pricey, I thought. $8 for a small but delicious flan-like dessert. Overall, I really liked it and can't wait to go back and try some more!

Reviewed March 8, 2012

We enjoyed the atmosphere and great service, however, the food was disappointing. We both had different pasta dishes. When they came they both tasted the same, although they were different dishes, and both were overcooked (think mushy!). We love good italian food, but this is not the place to get it.

Reviewed February 12, 2012

We have been to Francos 3 times, and never disappointed! We love the ambiance! It's very cozy and romantic. Food is exceptional and the service is always attentive. We really enjoy Franco's and hope they stick around!

Reviewed February 11, 2012

The interior of this restaurant is very nice. There is a lot of wood and a huge fireplace. I went there on a weekday for lunch. There weren’t very many people there and we got a seat next to the fireplace. The meatball panini was very good as was the side ceaser salad.