“Local generational Italian home cooking”
Review of Nonni's Restaurant Itali - CLOSED

Nonni's Restaurant Itali
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed April 4, 2013

On a quick trip for business to Santa Rosa, my husband and I went to Nonni's for an early dinner. Friendly staff gave us lots of attention. We ate too much of the tried and true family recipes and paid the price the next day. Family friendly ambience, reasonable pricing and Home style food.

Reviewed March 2, 2013

Our group of 6 is here for the 35th annual wine road barrel tasting and we were looking for a place to have a hearty dinner. We first went to a popular brewery on 4th street, but the wait was over two hours. We walked a few blocks and found a family owned and run little Italian restaurant. Maybe it was just meant to be when we asked if they have room for 6, a party of 6 had just left and they were clearing the table.

I had to ask one of the servers, who are the family members that make up this family restaurant; it is two brothers and a sister. If you should go there on a busy weekend night be prepared to spend some time. I have read other reviews that service was slow and I do agree; however, the food is all make from scratch. I would expect to wait awhile to receive my food, especially with a large group if the food is make fresh. It was not a problem to wait for out meal. I had the spaghetti, others had gnocchi, lasagna, and pesto tortellini, and we sampled each other’s food, two words, simply amazing.

The price for the food we had was reasonable and yes they do add a 15% gratuity on the bill for larger parties. The restaurant is small, but you can’t beat the solo accordion player playing traditional Italian music. Overall, I would support this family venture because it is not a national chain serving processed food. If ever in Santa Rosa and you want homemade Italian food, Nonni’s is worth the time to sit back, relax and enjoy the best of downtown.

Reviewed March 2, 2013

Four of us spent the day at the Russian River Barrel Tasting event. After a day of tasting some great wines, we were ready for an equally great Italian dinner. We found it at Nonni's Ristorante Italiano in Santa Rosa. Entrees were all excellent, consisting of Lasagna alla Bolognese, Capellini Pescatore, Ravioli di Ricotta e Spinaci al sugo, Cioppino. With a bottle of Chianti, our dinner for four came to $103 + tip. Service was excellent & attentive. Parking is metered on street or off-site pay lots (within a block or two of the restaurant). Couldn't have asked for a better ending to a perfect day.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

We were on a food and wine weekend in Santa Rosa, Ca. We had been tasting wine and eating delicious food that had been prepared to pair with the wines. Everything was delicious so it was going to be challenging to find a restaurant to meet the standards of the food we had been sampling all day. Well, Nonni's Restaurant Itali did not disappoint. One of the specials of the day was raviolis with butternut squash in a cream sauce with walnuts. It was excellent! Some of my dinner partners had scampi which was also excellent.

The restaurant is cozy, the staff is friendly and welcoming. They made me feel like I was a guest in their home. It is family owned and run.

I highly recommend this restaurant if you are in the Santa Rosa area.

Reviewed October 26, 2012

While a little noisy, the atmosphere was nice. I would have rated it excellent if not for the noise and we had to wait a long time to get our entrees. The food was very good.