“Wouldn't eat here again, gave me food poisoning.”
Review of La Vera Pizza

La Vera Pizza
Ranked #58 of 535 Restaurants in Santa Rosa
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Santa Rosa, California
“Wouldn't eat here again, gave me food poisoning.”
Reviewed November 9, 2012 via mobile

I had been coming to this restaurant for several years, they have good pizza. Last time I went the service was very slow despite the place being almost empty. To make matters worse I ordered chicken parm, which tasted good, but a few hours later became violently ill and was sick for 2 days. I just can't go there
again, too bad, it was a good place years ago but seems to be going downhill fast now.

1 Thank medicman5150
sr108, Public Relations Manager at La Vera Pizza, responded to this review, November 13, 2012
Dear Sir:

Firstly, please know how sorry we are that you became ill following a visit to the restaurant. Unfortunately, because you did not alert us to your becoming ill sooner, there is little to be done as far as researching the cause (e.g. seasonal flu, etc vs food-related). I will say that in checking our records for the week I am presuming you were in based on your review that 20 Chicken Parmesan specials were served during that period without incident. IF this should ever happen at another restaurant, the owner/manager must be alerted immediately. Another person might be sparred the ‘violent’ sickness you experienced. Ric & I take food quality and handling very seriously. We would not be able to continue serving families in Sonoma County as we have for the past 29 years if we didn’t.

We really wish you would have called so we could have investigated and addressed the situation rather than reading about it in a review. We really care for our customers, their safety and enjoyment. Please, please know how sorry we are for your having become ill following your visit.

Separately, please accept our apologies for the poor, slow service. There is no excuse, and your letter will be reviewed with the staff.

We value all of our customers’ business and would like to make it up to you in some way. Please contact us so we can rectify the situation.

From our Family to Yours,

Sue & Ric Kade

“Lovely pasta "special"”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

I have lived in Santa Rosa for 14 years, and never ordered anything from La Vera. Had to take a meal home. Their pasta special of the day was a veal ravioli, with a brown butter sauce and other stuff. AWESOME! Also I got two of their meatballs! 2 bucks each! Bigger than a golf ball, but smaller then a baseball. Really good. Sauce is great. I'd recommend them. They don't have a full bar, but you can order take-out, then go two doors down for a cocktail. I will go there when in the future I'm hungering for Italian Take-Out! And the gals there are great!

• Visited November 2012
California
“Loved it!”
Reviewed October 6, 2012

I went into La Vera Pizza in downtown Santa Rosa for lunch. I had the meatball Panini and a salad. It was so good I went back another night for dinner. I had a great pizza the second night and a Caesar salad. I also tried their rich and creamy dark chocolate Gelato. The food is styled after Southern Italy. The staff was very friendly and helpful. I wish it were closer - I'd go again!!!

• Visited October 2012
Sacramento
“Best Panini in Northern California”
Reviewed July 13, 2012

The La Vera restaurant is a quaint eatery with exceptional lunch time food. We split a chicken panani that was abolutely excellent, accompanied by a very good ceasar salad and pasta salad. An exceptional bargain, with friendly accomodating staff. Strongly recommend the La Vera for a quick lunch time bite!

• Visited July 2012
“Delicious Gourmet Pizza”
Reviewed June 15, 2012

Great spot for a delicious and unique slice of pizza. They have easy To Go options and a cute patio for dining. They also serve great Italian sorbets.

Visited November 2011