“breakfast usuals and much more”

Dierks Parkside Cafe
Ranked #1 of 527 Restaurants in Santa Rosa
Cuisines: American, Cafe
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Brunch, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Santa Rosa, California
“breakfast usuals and much more”
Reviewed January 2, 2012

I have eaten here for breakfast several times. The menu has the usual bfast items, and others they show inspiration. I had a duck confit, served on a bed of cooked apples, good seasonings, excellent potatoes and scrambled eggs. I had ordered it twice now, as I really love the flavors. Another friend had huevos rancheros, and said he enjoyed them. The others had typical bfast food and thought it very good. Service was great.

• Visited December 2011

Santa Rosa
“Beautiful menu, deserves a second visit.”
Reviewed October 31, 2011

My meal was a 2 star. I gave an extra star for my husbands and daughters food.

I tasted my husbands biscuits & gravy...delicious! My 9 year old had grilled (real) cheese sandwich with a side salad. The salad was full of beautiful very fresh ingredients. 5 stars!!

My meal was disappointing. I ordered the Huevos Rancheros. It arrived cold. The dish comes smothered with two salsas...the source of the cold. There was so much salsa on my plate it was more like soup. If they served the salsas in a ramekin it would solve the problem. The salsa made my food so cold. I only had a few bites in the center of the dish that were warm. Also, the tomatillo salsa was made with so much cumin it was reminiscent of curry.

I really want to love this place so I plan to return shortly and give it another try.

2 Thank CJ707
Sonoma County CA
“I'm so lucky this is my neighborhood cafe!”
Reviewed October 24, 2011

If I were lucky enough to stumble on the Parkside when visiting from out of town I'd be very smug about finding the locals' favorite spot! The food is something special, really good fresh local ingredients and a range of items from the most basic '2 eggs and you're out of here' to my favorite, smoked salmon hash, a delectable stack of hashbrowns, incredible local wild salmon smoked by Santa Rosa Seafood just up the street, grilled tomatoes, eggs and topped with hollandaise. Wow! The staff is cheerful and skilled, and the coffee is really good. There's even a couple of tables crammed in between the front door and the parking lot- not much of a view but on nice days you're welcome to sit there with your dog.

• Visited October 2011
1 Thank bordercollie21
San Diego, CA
“Small Breakfast Cafe - Fast, Quality Food!”
Reviewed July 29, 2011

We would have to give the credit to another review site that will not be named on here that brought us to this location. Not much to look at from the outside. It was very understated, and almost questionable when we first walked up. Once inside, it was a warm and friendly enviornment with great staff and a bustling feel.

The staff was very friendly and attentive. The food came out faster than most diners, and any adjustments made at our table were adhered too perfectly.

I ordered the Breakfast Sandwich. This was an Egg, Ham, Bacon, some greens and a Mayo Pesto mix that was wonderful and it came with a big green salad on the side. My wife went with the traditional Pancake and Ham breakfast, and our friend with the eggs bendict. Each dish was done simply and very well. No complaints at all. This one was a winner and an understated find!

1 Thank secondalrm
Amsterdam
“honest, welcoming, breakfast/lunch as it should be!!”
Reviewed July 5, 2011

Staying at Hilton Sonoma Wine Country. They have a list of 'recommended restaurants'. When asking the staff at the hotel (all three locals) they definitely suggested Dierks Parkside Cafe for a nice and good breakfast/lunch. Gosh, they were right!!!! :-)

First visit we had a classis "Two eggs any style", OJ and coffee. Second visit (within our 3 day visit to Sonoma) a delicious salad with advacado and tomato.

In essence: a honest and welcoming with more than good quality food for your dollar.

P.s. on our second visit we brought our dog. We sat outside and the staff and locals were very friendly to both us and the dog.