“A real French Bostro”

Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Mendocino Avenue
Reviewed March 29, 2012

If felt like I'd walked into a bistro somewhere in Paris. The illusion was perfect (should have been playing Edith Piaf) and my wife and I were just charmed. We ordered some European beers in in proper glasses. It was so fun to sit and idle the afternoon. People should do that more and this is they place they be.

1  Thank retusafguy

Reviewed March 4, 2012

My review of this restaurant as "average" is intended as a mean of several meals here - ranging from bad to just fine. Unfortunately, it's that one bad meal that comes to mind. My first experience here, a few months after it opened, was so bad (the food, not the service) that I thought I'd never go back. But some friends raved about it, so I've been back a few times when others were choosing the restaurant, and everything was fine. I've never had a problem with the service, but that one bad experience is what sticks with me (a crepe so tough it couldn't be cut, and my lunch partner's crab cakes - three marble sized bits on top of a very small green salad.) So I understand the mixed reviews. t's lie the girl with the curl in the middle of her forehead: when it's good, it's very very good, but when it's bad it's horrid.

Very nice ambience, especially if it's warm enough to enjoy the outdoor seating facing Courthouse Square (instead of a street.)

1  Thank Arlanza707
Reviewed February 25, 2012

This is a nice casual French restaurant, which reminded me of the bistros in Grenoble.
It's across the street from the Old Courthouse Square, and a few blocks from the Santa Rosa Plaza shopping mall. We visited after a leisurely day of wine tasting. We were seated at the outdoor heated patio, great for people-watching. Service was prompt and friendly. We had a light snack of fresh oysters (British Columbia), and a plate of local artisanal cheese with crunchy French bread. I had a glass of local Lagunitas IPA, and my wife had a glass of excellent Kenwood chardonnay. Inside tables are also very cozy, and the place was soon filling with a lively after-work crowd. Santa Rosa has a very fun downtown strip along Mendocino Avenue, and we enjoyed our visit very much.

Reviewed February 11, 2012

Great small plates for Happy Hour and good prices on drinks. We sat outside. It was lots of fun.

1  Thank spazgirl
Reviewed January 31, 2012

We stopped in for a quick lunch after having just landed from the east coast. It was wonderful! The savory crepes were delicious and my beau's pasta dish was yummy. The wine list holds its own as well. But Danny, our server, was the element that would make us go back. Attentive but not pushy, friendly without being in-your-face, he was the best part of our experience.