A wonderful experience with plenty of comforts. The tents are authentic to what they use in Africa but have been upgraded with indoor hot and cold running water as well as electric blankets which are definitely needed at night. The night sounds are very exotic but a little overlaid with road noises because we were in the tent closest to the road.
The staff is all very nice and some are extremely knowledgeable about Africa having traveled there many times. All are very happy to share their information. We took part in the behind the scenes tour as well as the safari ride - incredibly close to the animals.
Remember to take your flashlight with you when you go out at night - it is very dark!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Escape to Africa by way of Sonoma County…Come discover the Sonoma Serengeti.The classic African safari is a trip of a lifetime for intrepid travelers from around the globe - and, it is closer than you think!. Families who are curious and wild at heart can get close to nature...very close! Marvel under the gaze of a graceful giraffe or explore the Sonoma Serengeti alongside romping rhinos. Our guests enjoy enlightening African wildlife safari drives, and “glamping” tent cabin accommodations. The sounds of Africa will echo in your dreams. Stay one night in a luxury safari tent located on Giraffe Alley, meet some giraffes and go on Safari! Is Safari West Family Friendly?The entire Safari West experience is a kid-friendly adventure for families to enjoy together. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Safari West reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Safari West Hotel Santa Rosa
- Safari West Santa Rosa, CA - Sonoma County