We spent last weekend at Safari West, and our experience couldn't have been better. We stayed in the large canvas tents with beautiful wooden floors and a balcony. While it was quite warm during the day, the temperature dropped to about 55 degrees F at night, so it was very easy to sleep. Others have said that they had cold showers; we did not. The water stream, however, was not strong, but the facility is in a fairly dry area, and it's definitely a year to conserve water.
We woke up in the morning, walked the equivalent of two blocks to grab coffee so we could take a walk and view the nearby animals while they were active. Later on we took the safari tour and sat on top of the vehicle for 1.5 hrs, the previous half hour spent on a walking tour of the aviaries and cages. On the vehicle tour, we saw week-old zebras and a three-day old wildebeast. Most of the animals that we saw were herd animals except for the very curious ostriches, who tried to grab purses and backpacks. There was a running commentary the entire trip. All of the Safari West personnel were gracious and helpful during our stay. We definitely will return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Escape to Africa by way of Sonoma County…Come discover the Sonoma Serengeti.The classic African safari is a trip of a lifetime for intrepid travelers from around the globe - and, it is closer than you think!. Families who are curious and wild at heart can get close to nature...very close! Marvel under the gaze of a graceful giraffe or explore the Sonoma Serengeti alongside romping rhinos. Our guests enjoy enlightening African wildlife safari drives, and “glamping” tent cabin accommodations. The sounds of Africa will echo in your dreams. Stay one night in a luxury safari tent located on Giraffe Alley, meet some giraffes and go on Safari! Is Safari West Family Friendly?The entire Safari West experience is a kid-friendly adventure for families to enjoy together. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Safari West reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Safari West Hotel Santa Rosa
- Safari West Santa Rosa, CA - Sonoma County